Newfoundland J's - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newfoundland J's
Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:09 PM
Who here is from Newfoundland and what part? Anybody have big plans for their cars? It's getting close to that time of year again, so let's hear what you have planned or in store for the 07 summer!

Proud member of PreciZion

Re: Newfoundland J's
Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:45 AM
sup steve, haven't been doing much for this year, the autox wheels, subframe connector and a rear sway bar is about it, oh, and i installed hid's a few days ago Redo'ing my trunk to clean it up and i think im done for the year

Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:33 PM
well I gotta rebuild my trans since the syncro's are gone(cant down shift from 3rd to second) after that working on the suspension(lowering springs, struts,mounts, rear sway bar, prolly sub-frame bar) Oh ya gotta replace control arm bushings in the front since they are a bit detereorated. Other than that, not a while lot. I was gonna sell the car but i cant get what i want for it so im better off keeping it and doing it up a lil more.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 1:35 PM
if you need a hand drewz let me know, i have all the tools you'll need for your suspension. I Made my subframe brace, cost a grand total of 9 bux Haven't installed it yet, was going to today but the 4 post lift we were using couldn't fit under my car, lol, too low. So i'll have to do it here in my garage, i did however get the mdf cut for my trunks new false floor, just need to get some carpet for it, put in some fresh mobil 1 and slapped on my autox wheels as im sick of studs and can't put my 17's on yet

Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:24 PM
ahh right on when and if I do get my suspension on the go it would be nice to have a hand with it. So ill let you know.

Taking your studs off already? oo you just jinx'ed the weather. Every time i do that like the next day or so we would have a snow storm, lol thats Newfoundland for ya.

Thanks

Adam

Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:45 PM
not a big deal, my car has barely moved for the winter, less then 5000 km's since november, more then i wanted and more then my winter beaters 3-4 kilometers :S Good thing we have a 3rd car (01 protege)

Monday, April 02, 2007 7:40 AM
Hey there, im in mt. pearl, drivign an 01 sunfire, but im originally from out in the bay roberts area, not sure what plans i got for the car just yet, depends on the cash flow, but i do know that there is a bay wheel car show at the end of may and i need to get some body work done and im going to do some painting to my dash, possibly rims and tires if i can find a set that i like for a good price.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:18 AM
sup guys, can't wait 4 the snow 2 finally b gone so i can get some work done on the cav (wish i had a garage.lol) i know i need tires, due 2 the blowout on the tch, and i gotta find out who can do a half decent paint job 4 me. i just need it sprayed, i can do the bodywork. also thinking about a drop on it as well. but that's about all my plans 4 this year... cuz i'm sure the tires and paint job will cost me a few bux. anyways, hope 2 see u guys on the road next month.

Mike
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:19 PM
hey mike, if you come across a good price for a paint job, post it will ya, i wouldn't mind a paint job as well.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 5:11 PM
mine was painted at auto renew last year, id reccomend them to anyone, they did a great job on my car and are good guys on top of that, just go see phil, 722-4066, they are on thorburn road. Also they just aquired wheel-fix, so you could probably get your tires tehre aswell

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:54 PM
got a quote from fresh look autobody on kenmount rd. $1200. but i am doing all my own bodywork, and buying the paint myself. so he said he'll spray it for $350. plus fix my trunk cuz it's almost rusted off around the anchor point where the latch hooks in. so i'd say that's where i'm going. no other places would just spray it for me.

Friday, April 13, 2007 7:03 PM
hey im from the burin peninsula im drivin a 1998 cavalier ,,, im plannin on doin a lot of work on this car ,,i currently got it took apart nothin left but the shell ,,got the motor into constantines gettin it done for a turbo setup , waitin for hood and fenders to come now then i gotta find someone to do the painting and bodywork ,,i have a body kit also anyone know of a good place in town to get the painting and body kit done was thinkin on inside out letme know if ya got any suggestions
Friday, April 13, 2007 7:08 PM
anyone know where i can get a grey opr black interior for a cavalier willing to but whole car for a reasonable price
Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:35 AM
Whats up guys. My name is Chris. I live in Paradise. I have a 2000 Z24. I have a set of cams, intake manifold and a set of strut bars to go on soon as I get the car out of storage. I also have a few turbo parts that will go on next winter, with any luck. I was going to sell the car about a year ago, so I pulled the nitrous kit, HID's and a few other parts and sold them. I then changed my mined. I've been gathering parts since then. This is a bit of an expensive year, I bought my first house and I'm getting married, so it slow goin' for the car. Should be boosted next summer, with any luck. I really have to get out and meet some of you guys this summer. I've been hangin' around this forum and the Motorsport forum since I bought my car in '03 and still haven't been out to an autoX.

fast, reliable or cheap. choose two.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:48 PM
hey i am from the burin pen. currently in st. johns and driving a black 2002 cavalier, recently purchased it in here and am still decidin on what to do first besides get a new ls front lip (went M.I.A) and stereo, was looking for nice set of rims or anything any one has for sale
good luck on the cavys and flowers

Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:29 PM
Well this is an old thread but....
I have a 97 Sunfire 2 dr with a 5 speed. The transmission is coming out soon and will be replaced by a 00+ getrag. Tint, and 95-99 GT rims are in the near future. I've already got body painted mirrors and door handles, tinted tail lights, B+G Lowring Springs, CAI, and a magnaflow muffler w/ cherrybomb resonator.
Hopefully before summer comes I'll have a 3400 installed into the car, along with a 2.5" Dual-Exit Cat Back Exhaust.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search