Finding parts in St. Johns - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finding parts in St. Johns
Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:33 AM
I know there are a few other members here from st. Johns newfoundland, and i was wondering where if anywhere are some good spots to go to get parts of wrecked cars ect. I am looking for a rear bumper for an 03+ sunfire, and a sunfire gt fromt bumper, and rims. I have looked on ebay, but the prices are really high when shipping is added. Anyone know where to go? Thanks!

Re: Finding parts in St. Johns
Monday, August 20, 2007 5:14 AM
try the scrapyards, thats about the only place you'll find oem parts like that.. a1 automotive, auto parts network, vatchers, stricklands, etc

Monday, August 20, 2007 6:06 AM
Thanks, I really like your car, i have seen steve smith's by mun a couple of times and loved the evil eyes.
Friday, August 24, 2007 7:51 AM
steve white wrote:Thanks, I really like your car, i have seen steve smith's by mun a couple of times and loved the evil eyes.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, if your looking for GT wheels, you may want to check out of Province, that is where I got my set. Shipping is approximately $40 and you are more likely to get a set as there seems to be oodles on the mainland.

Rear bumpers for an /03 Sunfire Coupe? I just called Auto Parts Network for you. They have a rear bumper off a /04, red in colour for $260. Few light scratches in it. They also sell new after market rear bumpers that look just like the OE ones. They sell for $325 and come primed.

Hope that helps you out Steve.

Proud member of PreciZion

Friday, August 31, 2007 1:27 PM
40 bucks each for shipping? Or 40 bucks for all four wheels to be shipped?
Saturday, September 01, 2007 7:08 AM
there is a set of 95-99 gt wheels for sale on newfoundlandmotorsports.com right now for $150

Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:09 AM
steve white wrote:40 bucks each for shipping? Or 40 bucks for all four wheels to be shipped?

$40 for all 4

Proud member of PreciZion

Saturday, September 01, 2007 1:25 PM
Yeah, im going to have to put it on hold for a while, i need to pay for school first.
Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:24 PM
try WRECKS UNLIMITED.... They are Located in New Brunswick . I got my trans from there and it shipped to my house in 6 days!!!! Really good prices too. There was one here for $900 and i got one from there for $600 tax in to my door with lower kms and a later model. My friend is after getting a few things from there also. If they dont got the parts your looking for then your outa luck.

They are listed in the yellow pages.

1-800-565-0099
or
506-633-6840

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:58 PM
cool, thanks! I have the rims, and front bumper from a 96 gt that is being scraped in whiteway, if anyone knows where that is...body is in great shape! no rust, came from ontario. Now all i need is the rear bumper, then i can do the 03+ rear swap. Then paint. I have a lot of stuff to do...
Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:39 PM
look in the junk yards man..

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:51 AM
I know the guy from whiteway that owns that car. It just had a new paint job last spring as well. What rims did you buy from him, the 5 spokes or the GT rims?
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:10 PM
The gt rims, and the front bumper. The paint job was fairly poor quality. The bumpers paint was all falling off.
Monday, November 05, 2007 7:22 PM
Yeah they did a poor job on the paint, the guy did the body work himself, taping and everything, all the shop did was spary ont he paint, he didn't even clear coat the car. I'm going to pick up the rear bumper from that car this week, and probably the side moldings. I'm planning on running a dual exhaust next spring so I'd rather have the GT bumper than trim up my factory one.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:51 PM
Yeah, i dont think they sanded it before they painted either. All the paint on the bumper is flaking right off.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:46 AM
How much did you get the front bumper for? I'm interested because I would like to have the rear Bumper from the same car.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:27 PM
I got the 16 inch rims and the bumper for 225.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:38 AM
Not too bad, what's left of the body of the car, I'd kill for a power moonroof.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:45 AM
Its still there. But i dont think its possible to swap them in.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:08 AM
you should be able to get the rear bumper for 40-50 bucks. 50 for sure.
Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:45 PM
steve you have a pm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search