Fighting a Ticket in Quebec??? - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fighting a Ticket in Quebec???
Friday, August 01, 2008 6:35 PM
I posted this in my local forum, but fingured I should probably post it here as well, might get a better responce here...
I'm form Toronto, Ontario by the way.

So i got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago on my way to Montreal. I was pulled over just inside of Quebec. He said he clocked me at 130km in a 100 zone. He would not show me the radar gun, as he said it resets in 2 min. I asked again to see it explaining that in Ontario the officer is required to, he told me I need a lawyer and handed me a ticket.
The fines there are less luckily, only $156 and 2 points.
I currently have a clean record though and would like to keep it that way.
Does anyone have any idea how to go about fighting this ticket? I have like a week left to either pay it or dispute.
Every company I called (i.e. Street Legal, Pointts, X-copper etc.) said they cannot fight the ticket for me since its in quebec and the laws are differnt. Also because it is too far.
So anyone have any ideas???
thanks!!

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin

Re: Fighting a Ticket in Quebec???
Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:44 PM
Its not that bad, i would just take the ticket. Fighting it would probably cost you more, and be a waste of time in the end.
Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:33 AM
www.sosticket.ca
Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:50 AM
i thought it was required that all officers are required to show you the radar when you ask. i know thats the law in the states. and if its the same in ontario i cant imagine quebec would be any different. i would call a lawyer and ask what they think. whats the worst thats gonna happen. they say. just pay the ticket.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search