turbo sunfire? - Canadian North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo sunfire?
Friday, July 17, 2009 9:01 PM
ok i have a 98 sunfire with a 2200 2.2L and i might do a turbo build this winter when i re-build the motor, i know most of you are gonna say put a n ecotec in it then turbo or supercharge it or somthin like that, but im sticking with the 2200, if thers any one that could help me with info or any one in my area that could help me out with stuff when or if i even do a turbo build, it would be great

check it out on cardomain

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3306722

Re: turbo sunfire?
Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:19 AM
I am looking to turbo my 2200 as well eventually, I dont know too much about turboing them...I know you will need a good tune, manifold, turbo, oil lines, wastegate, blow off valve, ect. ect....what info are you looking for specifially and we can help you a little better...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:33 PM
not to mention build the engine stronger as well

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Friday, March 12, 2010 10:43 AM
i kinda gave up on this for now lol, dont have the money to build the engine or buy any of the turbo stuff atm

Friday, February 25, 2011 8:54 PM
check this out!!! T3T4 turbo.. go to ebay type in (95 96-02 CHEVY CAVALIER 2.2L T3/T4 TURBO MANIFOLD KIT ) its around $400 now you will need to find a friend that is good at welding!
#1 you will need to get bigger injectors.. possibly a fuel pump as well
#2 you will need to find an oil presser hook up for the turbo.. i recommend the oil pressure port for your oil pressure gage... T-fitting
#3 you will haft to drill a hole and weld a thred a bung into your oil pan, above the oil level mark, for the oil return hose from the turbo..
#4 plumb the exhaust,& intake hoses.. decide if you wanna use a inter-cooler..
#5 get it tuned,, thats the expensive part....
Thats what i did to my sunfire!! works like a champ.. i didnt use a intercooler...its been on there for 5 months.. with no issues..107000 miles.... but i dont beat on it..

if i forgot anything please correct me!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search