Tuning In NS - Canadian North East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Tuning In NS
Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:44 AM
I'm wondering if their is anyone that has access to tuning software, or knows of someone or somewhere that does.

Re: Tuning In NS
Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:03 PM
Danny at JD racing in Cap-Pele, NB.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:46 PM
or brett at SAS dyno in moncton

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:48 AM
Might have to go with SAS. I was just hoping I could get away without a trip to NB.

Monday, March 07, 2011 6:35 AM
I don't know if the place in coldbrook has hp tuners. I think the shop is called Taylormade Performance. It might be worth while to give them a call and see if they do since your located in Kentville. Wouldn't be too far from you. I'm actually coming to the valley this weekend to look at houses in the kentville/new minas area so I may see you around this summer.

Monday, March 07, 2011 7:37 AM
james, who runs raven auto sport also has a dyno. I'm pretty sure he has hp tuners. he's in the back of bayers lake.

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Monday, March 07, 2011 8:43 AM
From what I've heard, he is one person to avoid at all costs.

Monday, March 07, 2011 8:18 PM
and why is that?? i know James personally and he has done work on my car. hes a great guy and does good work

Next year 155 DB
Monday, March 07, 2011 8:44 PM
I've heard lots of stories about blown engines. I've heard he's a great guy, but he doesn't warranty his work, and things go wrong a fair bit.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:31 AM
Spitfire wrote:and why is that?? i know James personally and he has done work on my car. hes a great guy and does good work

Doing work and tuning is a different kettle of fish.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:24 PM
ive heard about the tuning issues at ravens too, some of them sounded like they were pretty nasty when they blew

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:28 PM
JD Racing saved my motor...probably wouldn't have taken much more to blow. You live and learn I guess.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:06 PM
Lee from GMTunerz said he might know a guy. See how this turns out.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:26 AM
I would not recommend Raven. I will stay as far away from him as I can. Go to JD Racing in Cap Pele or anything tuner with a good reputation. Just my .02.

Monday, March 14, 2011 11:30 AM
i went to JD, A+ in my books

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:32 AM
Holy @!#$ guys, I never come on this board but I had to post up about this one. I have NEVER, EVER blown up a customers car! NEVER!!!! I don't know who you heard that from but wow, what a bull@!#$ rumor. Please fill me in on these cars please??? I have tuned hundreds and hundreds of cars and not one let go....not one!!! Wow the rumor mill is strong around here. Anyway I do have HPTuners, I have more experience with it than ANYONE in my area and I am willing to put money on that. I have done minor bolts on all the way up to a twin turbo'd Z06 that made 1023rwhp at 17psi. I also am the only authorized dealer for SCT for anyone reading this with a Ford. Again please people stop spreading bull @!#$ stories about my shop and our service!!!

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:36 AM
P.S. We are now the only shop in the Province and only one of two in Altantic Canada with a Mustang Load bearing dyno. MUCH MUCH better results that tuning a car on just an inertia dyno like a dynojet.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:49 AM
Damn I'm fired up now If @!#$ goes wrong so many times with my tuning work why am I in second place for the ecotech records on this site? And guess what, that car made 497whp last year with over 70,000kms on that build and is still going strong. Yeah I guess I don't know what I'm doing eh? Or how about my car? 615whp for the last 4 years and over 60,000kms on that build. Hmmmmm...yeah I think you guys need to re-evaluate where your getting your stories from.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:43 AM
75,000 km on it now .... and i had it fired up yesterday to get the winter cobwebs out of it......... I have known James since his START in the tuning world... My car was the first Eco tuned by him..... A shade under 500 at the wheels..... NOT ONE ISSUE........ I have spent countless hrs with him on the Dyno .. Everything from a Civics to sunfires,,,, Mustangs to 8sec Camaro's..... Pro charged Blow through systems and a Remote Twin turbo Corvette (And yes it MAKES 1023 to the wheels).... ALL of witch are still running and running strong.... I do remember a Supercharged car coming in to be tuned once.... couldn't get anything to go right with it,,, Got digging around and found there were parts literately hanging off of this thing.... bolts missing and stuff hooked up wrong..... Thats not James fault...... We told this guy ... " WE CAN NOT TUNE A CAR WHEN IT HAS MECHANICAL ISSUES" ... he had a fit right there in the shop cause of his own ^@&* up...... ( You know who u are).... I have NEVER ...EVER seen a car come apart because of his work... The amount of High dollar gear rolling down the roads with his tunes in them huge.... I know this man well... And to read the above makes me sick.....

491whp, 393wtq
11.93@ 127mph
Raven Autosports (902)850-3330

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:40 PM
i have to go with James on this one guys, I've know him quite a while and have been around the car scene in this area for almost 10 years now and this if they first i have ever heard of James's builds "blowing up"...................... so if that is the case (which im sure its not) please enlighten me as to the cars and or builds that have blown up

Next year 155 DB
Friday, March 02, 2012 5:19 PM
Ive been waiting for these guys to post that info for weeks now...... So has James.... I think my car speaks volumes about his abilities. I have proof of his work..... Where is the proof of the other?

491whp, 393wtq
11.93@ 127mph
Raven Autosports (902)850-3330

Friday, March 02, 2012 7:41 PM
Ok, so to try to clear this up, first off, this is almost a year old, so not many people are likely even paying attention to it. As I told James in my reply to the pm he sent me, I was simply posting up what I had been getting told by members of other forums as well as in pms I received here. I have heard of many cars getting great tunes, but have also heard the horror stories. I do not know the full story behind them, nor am I going to go digging around in year old messages trying to find out, but I know of at least one or two cars on here as well as other forums. One of the cars I know fairly well, as I have seen it in person a fair number of times. This wasn't made as an attack or anything of the sort, I was just looking for information and posted up what I had received. Sorry if it seemed like an attack or something, but at least what I posted was just a quote from what I was sent.

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:36 PM
whos to say that the cause of "the cars blowing up" wasnt from his own doing after the fact?

Next year 155 DB
Saturday, March 03, 2012 12:35 PM
I can't speak for all cases, but I can say for sure that one of them was a tuning error.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:06 PM
do you know how to tune cars?

Next year 155 DB
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search