Need Door side molding clips for an 84 vert - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Door side molding clips for an 84 vert
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:51 PM
Looking for a set of moulding clips for the door side moulding on my 84 vert..The clips are broken and wont hold the moulding on any longer..It appears the door has some rivets on it that these clips attach to..am I right in thinking that? Anyone have 5 or 6 around or know of a supplier or a cross reference number to an available part...My local body shop man just shook his head no...
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks
Peter

Re: Need Door side molding clips for an 84 vert
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:33 PM
Check out carquest they carry the clips for moldings at least here.I assume ur talking about the molding below the door and runs from the front to rear fender welds maybe.Or are you talking about the molding that is centered in the center of the door.Either way carquest here has various clips for gm cars and there website sucks unless they show parts now.

Re: Need Door side molding clips for an 84 vert
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:13 PM
RoN: thanks for the reply..The clips are for the body side moulding that runs along the middle of the door...not the rocker panel cover moulding...I went to a few auto parts stores here and no luck..will look for a carquest tomorrow, and then may visit a chevy dealer or two locally..who have been in business many years..I just cannot believe that there are so little NOS stuff left around for our vehicles..Tons of them were made, many are surviving, but no parts are to be found..Somewhere there has to be someone who purchases GM's NOS parts when they discontinue them..I just havent found that Company yet....
Thanks
Peter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search