Rear Brake hard lines? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Brake hard lines?
Sunday, March 08, 2009 7:06 PM
Hi-

I am replacing my rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes on my 84. I "consumed" the hard line that runs from the master cylinder to the flexible brake hose on the passenger side.

Does anybody happen to know the interchange on that part and if it is something that is still available?

How about those little clips that hold the hoses in place? My old rubber ones are getting replaced by some nice stainless ones .

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Rear Brake hard lines?
Monday, March 09, 2009 7:04 PM
I am in the same boat. I checked with some custom brake/fuel lines from Inline Tubexxx, but at a cost of $700, I figured I'd try making the lines myself. I am still a good bit away from this task, but it 'seems' straight forward.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:23 PM
Being I am not fluent on those lines and or clips.My suggestion is advanceautoparts website.U can do a search there and you need to scroll down past the normal stuff after u type in brake lines and they do show a variety of brake parts and clips etc.I would think being that is the basic stuff they should have what u need possibly.U will need to enter ur cars specs like yr,model,eng b4 it will show the parts,I did a quick check and it's simple.I shop with them alot for both my truck and cav.Hope this gives u help bc I will be doing my rear brakes on mine this yr I have the cyldrs and shoes just need the drums(have orignals) and spring kit before I upgrade that old stuff my lines are good so that is not a problem here.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:46 PM
Ron-

I figured you would mention advance.

That is where I ended up ordering my shoes from. They do not have the clips though.

I am going to parts galore tomorrow to see what they have...

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:40 PM
Found what I needed at parts galore for $7.63

Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:06 PM
Good I would have suggested napa or carquest next.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search