Post pix of your modified J's - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Post pix of your modified J's
Saturday, April 11, 2009 12:04 PM
I know there is already a pix thread, but it's for all J's like my bone stocker. Besides, some of the links are no longer good... It's that time of year to pull your rides out, detail 'em take a few pix, and go cruise, right?!

So, if you've modified your J (wheels, paint, body kit, etc,etc) show us. I keep thinking I'd like to lower mine, and go with some 17's, tint the windows, and maybe even paint it a new color, but it's just so... original... I'll live vicariously though others for now...

Re: Post pix of your modified J's
Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:35 AM
I think you guys have seen all of my pics. No body changes planned at present. Just getting brakes squared away. I was planning to do eibach springs to bring it down a little when I tear into the 25 year old suspension busings... That may be on hold indefinately with the potential headgasket issue. We will see. The only thing left after that is the top.

I do have pics of my car with some 16" 96 Grand Am wheels. I like them, but liked the stockers better.

Want me to post those?

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:52 AM
Sure, post away. BTW, were you going to use spring for 2nd gen J's? I keep hearing no one makes springs for 1st gen, but then I also hear all the suspension is the same 1st and 2nd...
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:00 PM
eBAY has them for the first gen cars, right around $200

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:29 PM

Right after new paint. I switched to 16" wheels from the 96 Grand Am.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:28 AM
here mine

here a link to my fav. 1st gen moded car
http://6one3.smugmug.com/gallery/6026135_2feYp#377124717_9auN6

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:36 PM
Sweet!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:51 PM
birdboy wrote:here mine

here a link to my fav. 1st gen moded car
http://6one3.smugmug.com/gallery/6026135_2feYp#377124717_9auN6

Okay, no offense to anyone else on this site, but that has got to be one of, if not THE best looking J I've seen. I kinda prefer the Cavalier nose to the Buick... and every time I see your car I keep thinking I need to paint my 'Hawk red... and lower it...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search