Brake Upgrade? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brake Upgrade?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:50 AM
So I moved to start bleeding the front brakes on my 84. Both bleeders were frozen and broke off. The good news is that the calipers were only $16 each plus core so I have some new hardware coming. I am obsessing over the need to bleed the rest of the coffee looking brake fluid out or I would not have touched this at all.

Lets say I wanted to go to the 92+ front brakes as I know some have done... I am thinking that the parts are going to be more expensive, and they may not fit behind my 14" wheels...

Seeing as how I am at about 200 HP, I am thinking I will leave well enough alone and stick to the vintage stuff. I am adding SS brake lines - provided I can get the old stuff off w/o incurring more cost.

Thoughts?

Re: Brake Upgrade?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:42 PM
As for the newer model brakes I do not know what will or will not work.I myself am sticking oem.I still have to replace the entire rear brake setup.I have half the parts now whl cydlrs,pads and just need the drums and spring kits.This is for the rear of course but,I too would like to replace all the front with new rotors,pads,calipers being I am going to be doing my front axles this yr(which i have).The only upgrade would be slotted rotors that u may be able get for ur stock set up just do some checking around bc in the past I looked for mine and found them to be a bit pricey for my taste and I am not racing around with loads of pwr anyway.

Re: Brake Upgrade?
Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:28 AM
The calipers are only $16 each with a $12 core! Be prepared for the bleeders from the old ones to break off in your hand

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search