Skyhawk owners??? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Skyhawk owners???
Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:57 AM
Okay, I'm a little bored here, and too lazy to get up from the computer...

Just wondering how many other Skyhawk owners are on here. So, if you have a Skyhawk, please post up the details, and changes you made, and of course PICTURES!

Here's my '85 T-Type 5-spd. Mostly original, it got new paint and a trunk rack about 3 years ago. I've had it since September. I hate to make any big changes, but have thought about lowering, 17's and tint the windows. I really need to get the seats recovered, and fix the wiper switch, and a few other things.

Re: Skyhawk owners???
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:01 PM
You really need a 86 Buick Somerset T- Type to go with this car. My buddy had one. Cool and Rare...

Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:04 PM
YES! I would love to have one...
Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:59 PM
Yep - you do have the hood bump. I have to bone up on my Skyhawk knowledge...

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:13 PM
I have a Hawk!

Spent the last three days under the hood--cleaned out about 18 years of 24 years worth of gunk and crap down there, and in the process found all my leaks (happy to report nothing as major as I thought).

Fixed my trans fluid leak (cooling line hoses were chafing--can't figure out how that happens). Also figured out my valve cover gasket is leaking (not really leaking, but probably not installed properly by previous owner and oil is just seeping through), and also found my oil fill cap is leaking (which I learned from this forum is a problem with the 1.8).

I get my car back on the road tomorrow after about two weeks of it being parked, and of course there has to be rain in the forecast for the next few days--I should just be glad the weather held out while I cleaned and fixed it.

Sorry, don't know how to post pics yet, but it's an 85, was originally silver but is now maroon with a red (carmine) interior. It's mostly clean inside, but under the hood was another story (I think grandpa owned the car and grandson kinda knew how to keep it running, but was a very sloppy worker). The trunk needs a thorough cleaning, seems like someone spilled oil and dirt in there. I hope I can find another trunk carpet.

I could use a little body work, I will hopefully be able to learn how to do that this year so I can stop the little bit of rusting that is just beginning, then I hope to have the cash to do a weekend warrior paint job.

PS---on the trans fluid thing. I just get done with the Hawk and get everything put away when I noticed some fluid spots in the driveway near the front of my wife's truck...yup, same problem, but I won't be doing that one myself. It just wouldn't be my life without a weird something going on...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search