Saw another 84 at work - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saw another 84 at work
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:01 PM
I dont't know about other places, but the 80's cars seem to be making a comeback in MI. I saw another 84 Turbo Sunbird convertible at work today. It is red with a white top. It has really bad orange peeled paint. Looks unrestored but complete and not that rusty. The guy put big bonneville front seats in it - they look comfy...

Been seeing Olds Calais, and some Pontiac 6000s as of late. Still looking for a clean 6000 STE...

Re: Saw another 84 at work
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:29 PM
A guy at work has a real nice '86 Fiero.

I think some mid 80s cars have finally reached the 'respected elder' stage of their life- if they have survived to this point in good condition, that alone gains respect. Even a base Cav in really good shape will bring a smile now.

The survivors are now proudly driven on sunny days, where as 10 years ago they sat neglected as 2nd or 3rd cars, beaters, first cars given by parents to 16 year old new drivers, etc, in sad shape and looking beat, not standing out in traffic. Now, the survivors are so few in number now, they tend to grab your attention more when you do see them.

I just saw an '84 Z28 Camaro convertible on the road- a one off custom job no doubt done in a shop back in the day, probably converted from a T top.
Re: Saw another 84 at work
Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:27 PM
That 84 Z28 must have been cool. I remember a Camaro show I went to where a guy was swearing his 86 IROC was a factory convertible and the judges were questioning him.

When I first resurrected my 84 in 03, it never got a second look. Now it is more of a curiosity, but I am getting more attention from people who owned one before. They either loved the car or hated it. Had a kid at advance tell me his dream car was an 88 Z24 stick. I told him I remember fondly when that body style came out...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search