Anybody have a source for door bottom rust repair panels - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody have a source for door bottom rust repair panels
Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:25 PM
Have an 85 vert with severe rust out at bottom 4" of drivers door, and can see some bubbling starting the same place on the passenger door..Have searched online for nos door skins with no luck, and have not found any rust repair panels for the vert doors, only the 4 door models..Can anyone here help?
Thanks
Pete

Re: Anybody have a source for door bottom rust repair panels
Sunday, July 12, 2009 5:35 PM
Unfortunately, most of the aftermarket guys are dropping support for many of the older cars. I've been using a local sheet metal shop to build larger panels. I usually use thin paperboard, like the stuff cereal boxes are made of, to make up a pattern for the repair panel. I make any notes on the pattern that are relevant. And in addition I submit a drawing which shows the expected shape of the final piece along with the dimensions of the piece. Seems redundant, but all the pieces I've had made have fit. Some even fit better than the aftermarket replacements used to.

Oh, and the PH2 doors are the same as the ph1, so it's not impossible to find a later set of doors and scavenge pieces as needed.

gl
-->Slow
Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:34 PM
I bought a pair years ago for my Macco paint job. They were heavy gauge and fit well.
I bought a new drivers panel this year since my car was a tornado blocker for the house last spring.

I have a new passenger side for sale.....
www.millsupply.com

Mill Supply, INC
Cleveland, OH
800-888-5072
Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:38 PM
The part numbers I ordered were:

35-82-31-LH $35.93
and
35-82-31-RH $35.93

shipping was $12.59

they came very well packaged via UPS
Needed a little trimming.............
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search