They are out there... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
They are out there...
Sunday, August 02, 2009 7:47 PM
I was at the Clinton Twp Gratiot cruise today and saw two first gen Js. An 85 Cavalier Convertible v6 and an 83 Cavalier 4 door. Both in awesome shape. I told them about the org. We will see if they come around. The kinda got the idea that I am a little rabid about 1st gen Js...

Re: They are out there...
Sunday, August 02, 2009 8:04 PM
Hmm... The pix aren't showing up...
Monday, August 03, 2009 3:46 PM
closer9 wrote:Hmm... The pix aren't showing up...

Yeah. As I've heard before somewhere else, Paul....pics or it didn't happen. Just kidin', I believe you. It would be nice to see what they look like though.
Monday, August 03, 2009 8:03 PM
Heck this is a good time to post pix of the yellow Cavalier the Chevy dealership won't sell me (as if I had the money). I think I posted pix of it once before, but I just sent some to Wayne, and am in the mood to talk (type) J-bodies...

This one was sold new by Hendren, and was traded in last summer for a new Buick. It's a 2.0 5-spd, power windows, power locks, tilt and cruise... Very clean. That is a copy of the original window sticker under the visor... Nice car!

There's just something about the Cavalier interior I like better. Maybe it's because I learned to drive on Mom's 85 Type-10 5-spd...

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:06 PM
Just what are they asking for it anyway, or are they even going to sell it? The only thing I don't like about my car is the auto. I'd love to have the 5 speed, but the wife couldn't drive it though...... wait a minute, I'm acting like thats a bad thing.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:32 PM
Oops, forgot to mention. It's not for sale. If it was I would have found a way to bring it home by now...
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:06 AM
Funny you mention liking the Cavy interior better--I always preferred the Hawk/Firenza interior.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:19 PM
I don't know what I was thinking not posting pics - sorry about that. I will make sure I snap some at Woodward.

Getting my powder coated sway bar in on Friday, then getting the Sunbird back on the road, just in time to take the MOPAR and Camaro down for some maintenance and upgrades

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:26 PM
Mopar???

and, uh, what kinda upgrades?
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:32 PM
I guess I have not updated my sig in a while. My daily driver is a 97 Plymouth minvan with 159K miles. It needs to be resealed top to bottom, egr and other fun stuff. As a joke, I refer to it as the MOPAR as it is the only non-GM car in my driveway. Driving it enables me to drive my 83 mile round trip to work and keep two fun projects. My wife gets the new cars... We only can swing one payment at a time because SOMEONE has a car habit.

My Camaro is getting long tubes after having shorties for almost 10 years. I had originally planned to swap them out after 2 or so.

That was before kids.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search