Parts Galore U-Pick it in MI - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts Galore U-Pick it in MI
Sunday, August 09, 2009 12:53 PM
I went back this week for Closer and noticed a pretty clean 2.0 86 cavalier. I recall someone needed the older style tail lights...

so.. 86 Cavalier 2.0 and 87 Grey Auto Skykawk, as well as 84 Sunbird 4 door stick.

Need anything?

Re: Parts Galore U-Pick it in MI
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:15 PM
A 1st gen in the yard in MI? Wow....

How was the interior? doors?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:51 AM
any of those have PW?

I'm really not sure yet what I need, I'll be staring at it dumbfounded again today. I thought I needed a front track, and when I got one out of a junkyard, it went like this:

1. Window up, door panel off. Found track only has two bolts holding it in.
2. Removed two bolts, track dropped with nice clinking sound to bottom of door.

2a. window still in up position???? WTF???? It didn't move a bit???

Thought process is now:

1. If window remained up, track only serves as guide, has nothing to do with movement of window in front
2. If track is only a guide, installing new one will have no effect on the current operation of my window
3. If there is no effect, that means the back of my window will still go up leaving the front in the down position

NOW WHAT????

uhh....any ideas? anyone? I'm not that smart when it comes to this stuff--give me a computer any day!

yeah, i'm such a geek!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:23 PM
I think they were both crank Windows. The cavalier had some rust on the bottoms of the doors as to be expected from the road salt capital of the world.

I can't help with the windows, mine move slow, but it is pretty far down on the priority list...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:33 PM
Well yes I do need something.I need the plastic sleeve that pulls the nylon strap up and down for reverse on my 4spd manual that is under the shifter knob.I would assume the bird would have the same part being most old gms used this to my knowledge.I just have been to busy to go look here at our yards to find one.I have my strap to the side of the sleeve and pull it up to do reverse.

Friday, August 14, 2009 5:24 PM
Ron-

My bird has the same part.. I know exactly what part you need. I will see if I can get it.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:59 PM
Thanks,I am going to hopefully have two days off this wk and am going to try and go to a u pull it yard here.I have been working five days on my normal 4 day shift and work 3rd so I sleep during the day and just do not have the time lately to do the extras.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search