Will this armrest fit my Skyhawk? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will this armrest fit my Skyhawk?
Monday, August 17, 2009 8:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Buick-Skyhawk-Center-Arm-Rest-OEM-gray-D58_W0QQitemZ260360634037QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3c9eb3feb5&_trksid=p4 506.m20.l1116

He's got this listed as being from an 88, but the other items listed for 88 appear to be the same as my 85, and I would love to have an armrest... I think the padded part could be cleaned up, and the mount dyed (it appears to be vinyl covered?) black to match my interior, black with gray seat inserts.

Re: Will this armrest fit my Skyhawk?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:50 AM
I don`t recall how the skyhawk consule is made. but this is from a 84-88 sunbird and I had it fit a 87z24 so it should fit with maybe 10min of work . but it should work out ok

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:50 AM
That looks awesome. Mine does not have an armrest and my arms needs to go somewhere when it is not shifting...

I would snap it up if I didn't have so many other projects going...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:55 PM
Yeah, that'll fit yours.

I have one factory from my '85, and it's the same thing.

Back in the day I found one of these in the boneyard and put it in my '84 Hawk.

If it gets weird for ya, let me know, I can type from the shop manual the instructions for install/removal (in case anything is missing from what you get, then you'll know for sure since it's hard to see if the little mounting tabs are on this one).
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:44 PM
Wayne Schiff wrote:Yeah, that'll fit yours.

I have one factory from my '85, and it's the same thing.

Back in the day I found one of these in the boneyard and put it in my '84 Hawk.

If it gets weird for ya, let me know, I can type from the shop manual the instructions for install/removal (in case anything is missing from what you get, then you'll know for sure since it's hard to see if the little mounting tabs are on this one).

Hey, cool. Could you go ahead and post that?
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:27 PM
Will do as soon as I can...finding things in that stupid book is tough! I was looking for instructions for the radiator for the other thread, and couldn't find a single thing about the radiator
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search