IT'S FOR SALE! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IT'S FOR SALE!
Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:01 PM
No, not my 'Hawk (although, I can't lie. With the new baby, and the engine work needed on the Belvedere, the thought has crossed my mind a time or two.), the yellow Cavalier at the local Chevy dealership. Had to take the new Malibu in AGAIN yesterday, and can't go there without checking out the Cavalier. It always sits in the showroom, and usually is the only car in there. Well, this time it had FOR SALE written on the windshield. I kinda freaked. There were two sales guys standing nearby. So, I shreaked, "they're actually going to sell it? How much?" I was told there's no stated price, kinda taking offers. I offered my Buick, but they just kinda ignored me, and turned back around... Wish I could bring it home, but if there's anyone out there that's interested it's at Hendren Chevrolet in Pineville, MO. Can't remember the number, but I'm sure you can google it if interested...

Re: IT'S FOR SALE!
Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:52 AM
closer9 wrote:....... but they just kinda ignored me, and turned back around...

Gee, you'd think with the dealerships having trouble getting money from the gooberment on the CFC that they would be a little more enthusiastic about selling a car.....even if it's 20+years old.
Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:26 AM
Id be interested in picking it up but way to far from me and they most likely want way more then I can justify spending.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:54 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:and they most likely want way more then I can justify spending.

Yup.

I've got a friend that works in parts. I'm going to see if he knows what they might take for it. Not that I need it, but boy it would be nice to have... I hate to say it, but I would trade my Buick for it. Odometer shows 50k miles, and it looks like that could be accurate, not 150k...
Friday, August 28, 2009 12:36 PM
Its really a basic cavalier conv. How much for your non turbo skyhawk?
Friday, August 28, 2009 12:47 PM
That is in pristine condition. Imagine pulling off the lot in a "brand new" first gen cavalier. Seeing a car in that condition that old no matter what it is would be impressive.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:59 AM
jason sedlar wrote:Its really a basic cavalier conv. How much for your non turbo skyhawk?

I really have no idea. I guess it would just depend on what they want (or I would be willing to really give) for the Cavalier. I wouldn't part with my Buick unless it was enough to get the Cavalier...

My wife picked up the Malibu for me (which appears to be finally fixed!!), so I didn't get a chance to talk to my friend about the Cavalier, but I'm thinking about heading down that way in a bit. He's not working, but might just head down there in the Buick and talk to them...

What do you guys think this Cavalier is worth? What about my Buick should I decide to pursue something here?
Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:26 PM
That is pretty darn cool.

They have to have an idea of what they want. Not sure that the $$$ for your Skyhawk would cover for the convertible. If you remember, the ragtops were selling for around 13K when the coupes were going for 9K.

Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:57 PM
You're probably right. The vert is probably worth more, but IDK. I however, would think the T-Type would be worth more. I see a Cavalier from time to time. Very few verts, but I can't say that I've seen another Skyhawk (except in pictures) since I got mine, and I really can't remember ever seeing many... But still, for now, I won't part with the Skyhawk unless I could replace it with something similar, like that Cavalier...

The only problem I really have with the 'Hawk is it's kinda rare, and almost completely original... but I have trouble keeping things original... Should I really be that worried?
Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:28 PM
I would mod away on the hawk...

I did on my bird and Camaro and have not turned back... You have to make it yours. I did see an 86 Z24 vert and a 84 2000 Sunbird (non-turbo) at the last cruise I went to. They are out there, GM made a lot of these cars. Just fewer of the Buicks and Oldsmobiles and Cadillacs...

Technology has improved since these cars came out, we shold be taking advantage of that. I still pine away for a 86 Buick Somerset T-Type that a friend of mine had growing up...

Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:38 PM
Well, generally I don't mind making a car my own, but I've never had a car this old this clean/original. My Belvedere is a 1 of 1200 car, and I shaved a lot of trim, etc, etc... I've taken a LOT of flack from the Mopar purists (which are the worst of the worst, except maybe some of the Vette purists)... Still, if I could trade the Buick for the yellow car I would... Then I could sell the Bimmer...

Sunday, August 30, 2009 4:38 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:I would mod away on the hawk...

I did on my bird and Camaro and have not turned back... You have to make it yours. I did see an 86 Z24 vert and a 84 2000 Sunbird (non-turbo) at the last cruise I went to. quote]

I second what Paul said.

Paul........what, no pics of this cruise-in? I wanna see the '86 Z vert Did you get to talk to any of the owners?
Monday, August 31, 2009 4:04 PM
Well, since I didn't make it there on Saturday I emailed the dealership last night. They emailed and called me today. So, yes the car is for sale, but apparently they don't have any intentions of selling it... $7495...

and I'll be listing my Buick in the classifieds... First $7995 takes it...
Friday, September 04, 2009 9:06 PM
Well, I wrote them back with and just said thanks... I got another email today asking if I wanted to make an offer... So, I did... but I was told they have more than my $2500 offer in the car... Shucks...
Saturday, September 05, 2009 8:24 PM
I had the car out today. Now that the air bow is opened up and the cat-back is on, the car is LOUD when the boost is on. Loud like STi Loud. Whistling from the front and rumbling from the back )) Now if it would just spool up faster...

Mod, Mod, Mod away...

No pics of the other first gens. I told them about the site and was hoping they would join. There are a couple of cruises left up here, I will get em...

BTW - Closer, that Belvedere is SWEET!!! I love the cleaned up look. My uncle has a 66 Charger that he has worked over to minimize the chrome, you can really see the lines that way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search