weird sunbird convertible - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird sunbird convertible
Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:02 PM
I saw a really weird white sunbird convertible 1st gen. I will try to explain maybe someone might now what someone did. Anyways it looked normal except for the back bumper was about 2 feet wide and it had the spare tire in the back with the license plate at the bottom. It made it look like ugly and in the meantime like 60's car. Anyone see this?

Re: weird sunbird convertible
Sunday, September 06, 2009 9:49 PM
I've never seen a j-body like that, but it sounds like a "Continental" package was put on.
Monday, September 07, 2009 8:09 AM
Right, that makes sense, a "Continental" package on an economy car... If it was a hardtop they could have added the crushed velvet simulated convertible top for the complete package...

Did it have curb feelers?

Monday, September 07, 2009 10:49 AM
Um... I never cared for the continental kits, even on the Continentals... but to each his own. I figure the more cars out there that I don't like only makes mine look better... Besides, if they all looked like mine, mine wouldn't be unique, and I like unique...
Monday, September 07, 2009 7:42 PM
Yeah, that was a kit--widely available for many cars from JC Whitney catalogs (anyone out there remember catalogs?) back in the day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search