Skyhawk to take flight? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Skyhawk to take flight?
Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:06 PM
I just found out that Buick is to be offering a compact soon, and it hasn't been named yet...

anyone wanna blitz the GM execs to christen it the Skyhawk?

Re: Skyhawk to take flight?
Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:29 PM
Not sure. Nothing's ever as good as the original. I don't count the 70's model. Any pix yet? Could be really cool. Wonder if it will be on the Cobalt/G5 platform... If so I hope they make some drastic sheet metal changes... Just like to see something different like the new Lacrosse, which is sweet!
Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:03 AM
Somehow I don't think the "New GM" will be so quick to slap different names on several versions of the same car again. I think it's supposed to be something all new, which would be great since the Cobalt/G5 is junk (from what I've heard).

I always liked the H-body versions, and I never minded that they continued to use the name since the concept of a somewhat sporty looking car on a budget was still the same.
Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:13 PM
My $$$ says it is a Chevy Cruise variant. The Cruise is not exactly a car that gots my blood racing unfortunately.

Monday, September 28, 2009 10:23 AM
I read that it would be something all new, but since the Cruize isn't coming until next year sometime, you may be right.

I just think it will be something Chevy doesn't have--that whole not competing against itself thing just seems to be what GM said they were doing going forward.
Monday, September 28, 2009 12:12 PM
Sad to say, it looks like it will be a carbon copy of the Cruize

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109031217829/new-baby-buick-model-spied-winter-testing-at-night

I guess new GM learned nothing from old GM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search