The rest of the forums??? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The rest of the forums???
Friday, September 18, 2009 9:11 PM
I'm just curious does anyone ever read the rest of the J-body forum? I venture out very rarely... Seems there's not much on here for us 1st genners... (or anywhere else for that matter)

on a somewhat unrelated note: I got window switches... thinking about doing power windows tomorrow.

Re: The rest of the forums???
Saturday, September 19, 2009 11:52 AM
Only recently I've ventured into the 2g forum a bit.

My reasoning is that many of the things there will carry over to 1g since they're basically the same under the body, and since my mechanical skills are lacking, I can learn some things here and there.

Not that there's any reason for anyone to have noticed, but for the most part I stay out of the mechanical chats unless I really think I have something worthwhile to add to the thread, or something there makes me ask a question--and that's because my abilities aren't up there with so many others on the forums.

did you get those switches off e-bay--the ones I wrote you about?
Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:07 PM
I started to order them off ebay, but there weren't any passenger (single) side listed. So, I just went to O'Rielly's. I paid a little more, but I can always return if there's a problem. The double was $27, but the single was only $7????????
Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:08 PM
I check out alot of the other areas.I reply to some and some just read.Other car forums is pretty good and do jump into chat most times and stay in there checking in while surfing on here.I go by oldschool so if,anyone does chat you will know I'm there.Maybe sometime we should all drop in on chat at the same time even tho weds are the chat nite so to speak.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:56 AM
Thanks, Ron! I seriously didn't know there was an "other cars" forum. I may have to go browse there, and I guess Wayne brings up a good point about the 2nd gens sharing a lot with the 1st. May go browse there some too... I just feel so comfortable here, it's hard to go elsewhere...
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:41 PM
I usually stick here, even though my computer and programming is out of a 2nd gen car...

Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:50 PM
I ventured into the War Forum. Makes for an interresting read.
Friday, September 25, 2009 8:37 PM
I venture into 1st gen.

So hey guys.

Friday, September 25, 2009 9:09 PM
TheSundownFire (JBOSB) wrote:I venture into 1st gen.

So hey guys.

What's up? I noticed your Sunfire in your sig. There is a GT down the road from me that is just sitting under a tree. I've inquired about it, but no one returns my calls. Can't ever catch them home either. I've left notes with numbers for them to call too. I gave up on it now. Oh, and it's a five speed.
Friday, September 25, 2009 9:33 PM
Sweetness. I wish I had a GT 5 speed. Just a 2200 4 speed auto. Its a dog.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:26 PM
TheSundownFire (JBOSB) wrote:Sweetness. I wish I had a GT 5 speed. Just a 2200 4 speed auto. Its a dog.

I detailed one out for a girl at work once. It was pretty peppy even though it was an auto. It looks like the one I've tried to buy. Drove by it the other day and now there are some boxes laying in it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search