Need a 4 place window switch plug - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a 4 place window switch plug
Saturday, October 10, 2009 5:58 PM
I am looking for the window switch plug end for my 84 vert. Would like as much of the wires as possible, The wires at the switch are falling off and my rig jobs aren't lasting long. This is for the drivers side with the 4 window switches. I dont need the swith itself.
It wouldn't be so bad, but the drivers window is failing the most and it's getting cold out...

Checked the yards today with no luck.

Re: Need a 4 place window switch plug
Saturday, October 10, 2009 6:39 PM
Hmmm... interesting. I still have the wiring, switches and pods I got from you. I still haven't got the windows in my car yet, but I bought new switches, and will be using the wire harness out of an '87 Chevy Van.

I'll send some pix if you want to make sure it's the same, but I figure if you'll pay the postage you can have it back. You want the whole harness or just the plug?
Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:44 AM
yeah, I knew you still had the project in the works, but didn't realize you had other pieces you were going to use.
I could use the female plug end and as much of the wires if you have them.

My doors have been off a few times since it was totaled and repaird 25 years ago, repainted again 5 years ago at macco and then had a tornado throw a 2x6 off the nieghbors roof into the side of the drivers door.

If you have a picture that would be great. I need to park my truck and drive the 30 mpg J Body!
Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:34 PM
ok closer9,
I found a couple of the end pieces I needed after I read your post again. I found them on a couple of Buick Century 4 door cars.
The wires aren't as heavy a gauge as the original JBody wires, This will be one more part I yank out at the yard when I find a good donor. Thanks for the tip!!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:21 PM
Hey, I'm really sorry I never got those pix for you. Just been kinda hectic around here. The offer still stands though if you decide you want this one. Glad you found something that worked, though...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search