What's it worth? MIght need to sell... :( - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's it worth? MIght need to sell... :(
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:27 PM
I might have to sell my little hot rod. Don't want to, but... Just curious what it might be worth. I have an interested party, but don't know what to ask if I make the decision.

It's an 85 Skyhawk T-Type 1.8L TBI (non-turbo) 5-spd, 155k miles. Pretty much all original, seats need recovered, and there's a worn spot in the driver's floor carpet. I think everything works. Not sure what was standard on these, but it's got tilt, cruise, power locks and I have power windows and trunk release that I haven't installed.

Any thoughts? I know what I've got in it, but that doesn't mean anything...

Re: What's it worth? MIght need to sell... :(
Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:08 AM
don't do it--sell a kidney instead!
Friday, October 23, 2009 5:03 PM
Gotta find the right people for these cars.

I have the occasional impure thought about the $3K trade in offers from time to time when I see the Cadillac CTS-Vs go by...

Tough to gauge...

Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:09 PM
Well, looks like I'll probably be hanging on to the Buick for a while longer. Probably gonna part with the Bimmer and Brat, and if I can find a good home for it the '71 Chevelle pickup may go bye-bye, however if things work out I'll be trading some HVAC equipment and work for a '79 Chevelle pickup (decent shape, but pretty much all new underneath and under the hood. Someones project that didn't get finished).

The Buick was bought new by a family friend that passed away last summer. In a round about way, I was asked this weekend to please hang on to it, and take care of it, so I will.
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:55 AM
Good to hear it!

Although I was thinking that depending on the price, I would sell mine and buy yours. I was really wrestling with the thought considering the milage on yours compared to mine. If I had another daily driver, it would've been a no-brainer for me.
Monday, October 26, 2009 6:56 PM
Well, if it ever comes to that I'll let you know. If I ever do part with it I REALLY want it to go to an enthusiast that will take care of it, and not trash it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search