What's the blue light on the light switch??? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's the blue light on the light switch???
Friday, October 30, 2009 8:29 PM
Okay, so quite a while back I noticed what appeared to be a blue light on the left of the light switch that never came on. It was only noticeable when sun shown on it. So, while under the dash today I did some looking around. Found that it's actually a fiber optic cable run from a small bulb hanging behind the switch (and rather difficult to get to). So, I replaced the bulb and now it's on whenever the car is on, whether the lights are on or not. My first though was it was a fog light indicator, but since that circuit doesn't seem to be working I doubt that now, but who knows...

Wayne, any chance you could send me some scans of wiring diagrams from your book? I really need FSM. Haynes is just too generic sometimes...

Re: What's the blue light on the light switch???
Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:40 PM
What is FSM?
Re: What's the blue light on the light switch???
Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:51 PM
Oh, yeah...

That blue light--when you have the key turned, you can see the blue light in the dark. My only guess for this was so a person could find the light switch. Pretty dumb considering you would have to know that somebody at GM once thought "hey if there was a blue light next to the light switch, people could find it in the dark", and for anyone to know what it means, they probably would already know the location of the switch!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search