Fuel door rubber bumpers? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel door rubber bumpers?
Sunday, November 08, 2009 1:52 PM
Anyone know where to get new ones?

Re: Fuel door rubber bumpers?
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:41 PM
I just went to check mine and they are pretty small like 1/4 inch maybe just to get idea.Suggested stores that would have something close NOT exact are advance auto,auto zone they would be in the area with body trim clips,screws,plastic clips etc both stores have a section specifically for this and they do have plugs and u may have to modify for a good fit,Now carquest is defin a good place to check(my local carquest has crap loads of little stuff like pieces like this) and napa.I replaced a couple of body plugs rubber style on my pu and got them from auto zone.The above should have something you can use,And also lowes home improvement carries alot of auto speciliaties like clips,screws,bolts etc in there hardware section and it is marked well as automotive fasteners if I am not correct.I have found alot of good stuff for my car in the lowes auto hardware for old sunny.Is this enuff suggestions.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:56 AM
Call the dealer. They can't be more than a couple bucks.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:04 PM
Josh Maloney wrote:Call the dealer. They can't be more than a couple bucks.

I'll be honest. I hadn't even thought about that. Well, for one. My local dealer is trying to sell an '85 Cavalier for $8000...

I'll look again at the local parts stores first. I'm thinking about picking up a throttle rebuild kit this weekend, and possibly a new injector. The throttle plate is starting to stick, and it's probably time anyway...

I also need to pick up some new outside door handles, and finish the other list of things... and grump and complain about the power windows not working... and hope that someone comes along with an answer or a set that will fit... so, I don't have to redneck engineer the ones I have.
Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:26 AM
I think you need to redneck it--from what you've said, it explains why mine don't work.

Previous owners did the swap and I can see where they made some holes bigger and did a few other things that just plain wore out over time, and now I have a window that doesn't go up without help. I have the window up and it hasn't been down all year

If you really want power windows that bad, I'd be happy to swap doors with you, but I just don't see me getting out your way any time soon...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search