I want one - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I want one
Monday, November 09, 2009 10:11 AM
Does anyone know of a 1st gen for sale anywhere. I can't seem tofind any anywhere. I searched my local city and all over the country on craigslist and nothing. I guess these cars are dwindling.

Re: I want one
Monday, November 09, 2009 2:04 PM
well there is a 1987 cav 4 door for sale in guelph ont. has 110,xxx kms wants 550 for it
and there is a 1983 cav convertable in hanover ont. has 100,xxx and wants 700 for it...
I'm personally looking at a 8x olds firenza... with approx 6,xxx kms on it.
Monday, November 09, 2009 4:20 PM
I know of one 84 Sunbird turbo vert for $1,100
45,000 original miles, needs turbo.
I am woking on shipping quotes, but may not get it. Where are you?
Monday, November 09, 2009 4:41 PM
There's an 89 Skyhawk coupe in New York State for $500
Monday, November 09, 2009 7:34 PM
'86 Buick hatchback, t-type turbo, 4 speed. Needs turbo & some work, but 98% all there-Philly area.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't specify. A Z24 is what I'm looking for. Anyone?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:01 PM
Sorry, I rarely see first gen J's, and can't even remember the last time I saw one for sale locally. BTW, T-Types are so much better than Z24's. You know... just sayin'.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:10 PM
I'm an idiot. Would you settle for a non Z Cavalier, if it were REALLY clean, low mileage and way overpriced?

They're asking $8000. I offered $2500 or my T-Type. I was told they had more than $2500 in it...
Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:47 PM
So where are you from and how far are you willing to go to get one?
Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:20 PM
motorman377 wrote:'86 Buick hatchback, t-type turbo, 4 speed. Needs turbo & some work, but 98% all there-Philly area.

price? any pictures of this car or a site that its listed for sale on? i live in northern DE and may be interested

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/1LE
- LS1 6speed, 3.42s
ported 5.3 heads, comp 224/228 cam, boltons
(410rwhp/390rwtq)
Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:03 PM
motorman377 wrote:'86 Buick hatchback, t-type turbo, 4 speed. Needs turbo & some work, but 98% all there-Philly area.

Info? Pics?

Interested....

Friday, November 13, 2009 5:54 PM
Mike wrote:

Info? Pics?

Interested....

THIS!!!

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Monday, November 16, 2009 1:22 PM

OK here we go with the info part. Pics will be coming but a bit later. Possibly PM Wayne Schiff on here, he has seen car & will give a really unbiased opinion of her. Racing gets in the way of being on this site as much as i'd like, but fun comes first !

1986 Buick T-Type turbo hatchback. It's a 1.8 unmodded, with a Muncie 4 speed tranny, 3.64 gearing. Medium Grey metallic with silver metallic.

Partial VIN: 1G4JE77J2GK 96,894 miles on clock. This has the pointed/hidden headlights, and for those who don't know: Buick hatchbacks were made ONLY in the last 6 months of 1986, and the entire run of 1987, which is exactly 5 cars! One was totaled in St. Louis, MO. and a carfax was sent to me on this vehicle from a JBO member who owned vehicle. His Mom also worked at the assembly line where these cars were produced. In addition to the hidden headlights it also has the spoiler on the rear hatch lid. I have 2 of the remaining 4 cars. NOT FOR SALE-sorry.

Build sheet info:

AF5 -easy entry adjuster for pass seat to rear seat area.
AR-9 Recliner buckets
AO-1 Tinted glass
BA-1 Exterior hood trim(missing)
BS-1 Acoustical insulation
BX-1 Exterior & f/end special ornaments
BX-5 Painted drip mldgs.
B-19 Instrument clust ornament
B-32 Front floor mats
B-72 Belt revel mldg. black
B-90 Side window mldgs. black
B-93 Door edge mldgs.
B-94 Body emblem
B-99 W/open mldg. delete
CD-4 pulse wipers
CO-1 Extra body ornament
C-49 Rear window defrost
C-60 Manual A/C.. condensor gone for intercooler install-never finished
DE-1 Rear sunshade (missing) brkts. there
DX-4 Body side stripes
D-06 Frt. console armrest(missing)
D-2N ?????
D-35 Outside custom mirror
D-42 Rear hatch inside cover(missing)
D-80 Rear spoiler
D-89 2 tone paint
E-6P ?????
FE-2 Sport suspension-the really GOOD one for J-bods !
FQ-1 ?????
GY-5 3.65 gearing
JM-5 Double diaphragm power brakes
KO-5 Block heater
K-22 94 amp alternator
K-34 Cruise
LA-5 1.8 turbo engine
LED ?????
MM-4 Merchandising option
M-19 4 speed trans.
NA-5 federal emissions pkg.
NP-5 Leather steering wheel
NQ-5 Steering horn car-sayst-type
N-33 Tilt wheel
N-40 P/Steering- NOT the variable type, but for sport suspension pkg. !!!
N-78 Alloy 14x6 rims
QZU ?????
T1Y ?????
T-96 Foglights
UBO Gauges
UM6 Fixed blk. antenna
UQ-1 Stereo
US-7 Strange?? power antenna-NOT!
UO-5 Dual horns
U-23 Speedo w/trip meter
U-66 Dual extra range speakers- BLOWN OUT-MAN THEY RATTLE :>O !
V-73 ?????
WG-8 ?????
YR-1 Custom f/seats
YS-1 Custom rear seats
YT-9 ?????
12-A ?????
12-U ?????
15-L ?????
19-E Interior trim
19-I ?????
19-9 ?????
6BH ?????
7BH ?????
8MW ?????
9MW ?????

Some of the above items fall under packages, The packages are: WD-8 and W-17.

Needs the above listed missing items to restore it, and the following items that are known to me.

4 tires I have brand new, never mounted & stored under perfect conditions tires available. Otherwise i'll save them for my turbo '87 hatch.

Left axle seal to tranny is leaking. Easy fix, part is nickel-dime item.

Entire exhaust was pulled out, like it really was any good.

A/C condensor for you cool air guys.

Engine has a 2.0L throttle body on manni-2.0L charge pipe to intake mani.... NO TURBO, but I do have a brand NEW, not rebuilt 2.0L turbo available, also an intercooler. If you'd like, I still have the 1.8 manni & charge pipe, in Perfect condition, no cracks in this baby, and the old original turbo-apart. !

All new belts, including camshaft one. New waterpump-thermostst and all new hoses. Camcover has reuseable metal/silicon one.

Anything you might need or want for these, most likely I have it. New bumper covers-f/fenders-heads-camshafts for 1.8 & 2.0 turbo motors-pistons-bearings-ARP hardware, you name it, I might have it.

WOW- for a hunt & peck 2 fingered typer, this was work ! There maybe more but that's about it off of the top of my empty head.

Bottom line..... first person with a trailer and SIX $100.00 dollar bills gets it. Items I said I had are EXTRA, but no rip-offs here. Get them for what I paid-that's the deal from me. Don't do this for a living, just for fun.

Thanks for the interest posters, hope y'all aren't blind from reading all of this, but now you know what it is.

I listed it as Philly area, but actually i'm across the dirty delaware river in NJ.

That's it, i'm done, todays my b/day.... gonna party all night long. Oh yeah, just for giggles..... i'm 68.

Alan
Monday, November 16, 2009 4:58 PM
Happy Birthday Alan!

Just for my two cents: Alan is being straight, I saw the stuff. The interior of that hatchback is BEAUTIFUL! T-type interior that is as clean as it gets. If I didn't dislike the looks of the hatchback, I would've sold mine and bought his, if only for the interior.

Really? There are only 5 Hawk Hatchbacks????

did they only EVER make 5, or is that all that's left?
Monday, November 16, 2009 5:11 PM
I need to see pics of this thing!

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Monday, November 16, 2009 5:23 PM

I'm not a hatchback fan, but I'd love to have the turbo setup, front end and interior for my T-Type coupe...
Monday, November 16, 2009 7:02 PM

Wayne, thanks for the kind words. In 1987 Buick made 5 hatchback turbo coupes, and 4 turbo notchback coupes. That's the entire production run for 1987 on turbo J's ! If you all recall, even the Bad Black cars ended in 1987. In addition, the '87 turbo cars went to the 2.0L engines.

If this doesn't sell Wayne, you can have first pick on interior, cause i'm going to tear this apart & sell it & all the thousands of goodies I have. Rest goes into the crusher. Can't even get stuff outa my garage now, but you saw all of that :>

ACav2Envy... there's a poster/person on this site that was interested in the car. I bought a camera & took a whole roll of color pics & mailed them to him. I only requested that he return them if he didn't like the car. No sale... no pics back. Maybe he'll be nice and post some of the pics I sent to him, otherwise gonna have to wait until I can get around to taking some more.

closer9.... if you made yours a clone of the turbo notch you would indeed have a rare looking Bird. There's a poster from the midwest that has one, but IIRC its been modded beyond further use. Those 4 notchback coupes are the most rare Buicks made.

In case anyone wonders where I get my production numbers from.... The Buick Club of America has #'s on just about any one that was made, back into the 20's to the present. They have them all listed in yearly book called The Bugle.

Thank Wayne & guys for the interest............... Alan
Monday, November 16, 2009 7:07 PM
motorman377 wrote:Wayne, thanks for the kind words. In 1987 Buick made 5 hatchback turbo coupes, and 4 turbo notchback coupes. That's the entire production run for 1987 on turbo J's ! If you all recall, even the Bad Black cars ended in 1987. In addition, the '87 turbo cars went to the 2.0L engines.

If this doesn't sell Wayne, you can have first pick on interior, cause i'm going to tear this apart & sell it & all the thousands of goodies I have. Rest goes into the crusher. Can't even get stuff outa my garage now, but you saw all of that :>

ACav2Envy... there's a poster/person on this site that was interested in the car. I bought a camera & took a whole roll of color pics & mailed them to him. I only requested that he return them if he didn't like the car. No sale... no pics back. Maybe he'll be nice and post some of the pics I sent to him, otherwise gonna have to wait until I can get around to taking some more.

closer9.... if you made yours a clone of the turbo notch you would indeed have a rare looking Bird. There's a poster from the midwest that has one, but IIRC its been modded beyond further use. Those 4 notchback coupes are the most rare Buicks made.

In case anyone wonders where I get my production numbers from.... The Buick Club of America has #'s on just about any one that was made, back into the 20's to the present. They have them all listed in yearly book called The Bugle.

Thank Wayne & guys for the interest............... Alan

Well, if you decide to part it out I may have to try to get some parts from you. I really wish you weren't so far away. I'd take the whole car. Any chance you could tell me how many 85 T-Type coupes were made?
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:26 AM

closer9..... they only list the coupe body style for all trim levels, not just the t-type. Total 45,884 for 4JS27 cars. The t-type option could be gotten by itself, not just the later turbo cars.

Actually in 1987 the turbo cars were no longer called t-types. They became Sport Hatchbacks instead.

No pics yet I see.................... Alan
Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:13 AM
Live in NC and would need help with shipping at my cost
Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:34 PM
Folks don't let the North in North Carolina fool ya. He's in Charlotte, down by the SOUTH CAROLINA state line. Bout 20 clicks, right Jason?

Well lets see Jason, you want me to take my brand new Chevy p/up, and the brand new 24' enclosed trailer down to you.

Gee, that's mighty fine of you, sir. I get to drive about 1100 miles round trip, as the crow flies. Nope, got nutting against crows. Toss in tolls-fuel-wear and tear on the equipment, MY TIME, not to mention having some idiot on everclear hit my rig. You come out of house, look at car and say... not "exactly" what I had in mind, sorry..............

Ohhhhhhh yes, you're a gonna pay for all of this, right? You who wouldn't even post copies of the pics, let alone spend $3.65 to return some lousy pictures?

Tell you what, here's a deal for just you, and only you. Price of car delivered to your front door is $2,100.00. Paid in advance with a US Postal money order. No refunds or exchanges-don't even ask about green stamps.

Like the car or not, i'll unload it in the street, it's paid for. Nope don't even care if your Daddy is THE Chief of Poe-leese.

Alan

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:47 AM
so what needs to be done to the car to be driveable?

and where exactly in NJ are you located? i would like to take a look at it in the next week or two if possible

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/1LE
- LS1 6speed, 3.42s
ported 5.3 heads, comp 224/228 cam, boltons
(410rwhp/390rwtq)
Friday, November 20, 2009 2:17 PM

tpivette... wow a Chevy, right up my alley :> shoot me a PM please.

Look at map of Jersey. Right across from Philly is Merchantville-Camden- Pennsauken. That's where i'm located. Maybe 30-45 minz from the D/M bridge.

Thanks
Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:08 AM
Figured i would throw this out there I have a 87 Sunbird Turbo Vert. approx. 94xxx Rebuilt 2yr's ago new brakes, tires, turbo, shocks and struts. It could use a new top and the gas gauge doesn't work properly. This car seems to be just as fast as my 01Z w/SC. I'm located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and am asking $1200 obo

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:00 PM
closer9 wrote:Sorry, BTW, T-Types are so much better than Z24's. You know... just sayin'.

Hold up, closer9.......them there's fightin' words. Kinda biased ain't ya?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search