Stupid question about removing inner door lock knob... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid question about removing inner door lock knob...
Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:13 PM
How do you do it?

I'm talking about the sliding door lock knob. Do you just pop it off the rod somehow? I can't seem to figure it out, and when I tried it felt like I was going to break something. I didn't have everything I needed to install my power windows, so just put it all back together without pulling the knob off, but I have all the parts now, and the wife and kiddo are going out of town for the weekend, so might work on the Buick some...

Re: Stupid question about removing inner door lock knob...
Friday, November 06, 2009 1:16 PM
All you've done with the windows, and you haven't done this yet? Is there a way of getting the door panel off without dealing with the lock I don't know of?

Yeah, you just pop it off. It's a major PITA, but I don't know any special tricks. I guess I've just done it so much this summer that it's become easier on mine now.
Friday, November 06, 2009 4:25 PM
Alrighty, thanks!

Yeah, I've just pulled the panel out/up with the handle and lock still attached...
Saturday, November 07, 2009 8:12 PM
How do you get the plastic piece surrounding it off though? I couldn't remove that without taking off the part on the rod.

from another post: I couldn't figure out what you were looking for in the electrical manual.
Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:17 PM
I never found a way to remove the bezel until the chrome slider is popped off the rod.

and I think I got everything figured on the electrical... thanks!
Monday, November 09, 2009 4:27 PM
Both pieces go on and off together.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search