Post a before, after, or current state pic of your 1st gen. - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Post a before, after, or current state pic of your 1st gen.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 4:38 PM
Broke Status wrote:^Nice and solid. Really like that its a less common 1rst gen at that!

I'll second that.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 4:44 PM
Closer, that's an extensive parts list, I'm drooling. I bet it will look great when finished.

Paul,

I need to start running into some of these deals that you have. Great price on the interior and the two tone seats look like they belong in it.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:43 PM
Friday, I'll be adding pics as I am bringing home a 87 Z vert... Its rough, but it runs, and it's only costing me $400 including the cost of gas, and a rental dolly.

It oughta be a unique build when I get started.

Plan on doing some VIP/JDM influences on the wheel fitment and suspension, mixed with a tad bit of bosozoku style for the exhaust, a restored with slight altercations to the body (removing 3rd brake light, z24 hardtop spoiler), and a restored interior with slight improvements to the sound system. (double din dvd/navi, new speakers, no subs/amps)

It's has 80K miles on it, (sure doesn't look like it ) needs head gaskets, power steering fixed (massive leak, more than likely the high pressure line), a new top (duct tape on the inside will seal the leaks until I buy a new one), and of course, a can of rust-be-gone.

But the fact that it has factory mesh wheels, with the factory front spoiler makes me happy. Even though the wheels will be off the car around spring time for a set of 15X8 0offsets, i'll still have them to roll in winter . And that lip seems to be hard to find, so the fact that I don't have to find one makes it that much better. lol. Will probably have to do a little repair to it though. No biggie.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction (other than luck on ebay/craigslist/junkyard) on finding new fenders, top, doors, rockers, Z24 OEM Cowl hood, and other OEM replacement parts, PLEASE let me know. From what I gather, they're just aren't any parts left for these.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:21 AM
Broke Status wrote:Friday, I'll be adding pics as I am bringing home a 87 Z vert... Its rough, but it runs, and it's only costing me $400 including the cost of gas, and a rental dolly.

It oughta be a unique build when I get started.

Plan on doing some VIP/JDM influences on the wheel fitment and suspension, mixed with a tad bit of bosozoku style for the exhaust, a restored with slight altercations to the body (removing 3rd brake light, z24 hardtop spoiler), and a restored interior with slight improvements to the sound system. (double din dvd/navi, new speakers, no subs/amps)

It's has 80K miles on it, (sure doesn't look like it ) needs head gaskets, power steering fixed (massive leak, more than likely the high pressure line), a new top (duct tape on the inside will seal the leaks until I buy a new one), and of course, a can of rust-be-gone.

But the fact that it has factory mesh wheels, with the factory front spoiler makes me happy. Even though the wheels will be off the car around spring time for a set of 15X8 0offsets, i'll still have them to roll in winter . And that lip seems to be hard to find, so the fact that I don't have to find one makes it that much better. lol. Will probably have to do a little repair to it though. No biggie.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction (other than luck on ebay/craigslist/junkyard) on finding new fenders, top, doors, rockers, Z24 OEM Cowl hood, and other OEM replacement parts, PLEASE let me know. From what I gather, they're just aren't any parts left for these.

This whole description sounds familuar. Now get busy with some pics and progress.
Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:47 PM
IDK where you would of heard it from? haha.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:37 PM
Look at these two pics. The GFX's are broke or bent at the same point. This is weird.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:42 PM
Did I mention that I paid $250 for mine and got a free set of wheels/tires to haul it home with?

There was a guy on v6 that had a whole '86 vert that he was selling. I'll check my PM's and see if I still have some contact info for you. It has good doors and fenders for.
Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:57 PM
it'll be about another month before I can buy any parts for mine. This is pretty much whipping my budget out. So hopefully the car's current on its registrations for about 1-2 weeks so I can at least legally drive it to work and back a few times before I start taring into it.

It's gonna suck working around winter, but oh well. I should still have my primary car until at least Feb, so I should be able to get a few things done by the time I get rid of it.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:31 PM
I'm hearin' ya. I hope to get all of my suspension/brakes for the vert or the coupe this winter. I'll be upgradding the brakes to '92+ with cross drilled/slotted rotors and possibly a Neon rear disc swap.< < < don't know about that yet.

I must say, you do have my curiousity and excitement up on what you've got instore for this car.
Friday, December 11, 2009 6:41 AM
Yeah I know all about the neon swap. I've had 2 2nd gens, and if you look at my register date on v6 you'll see I'm like 2002, member 1500 something. I've been around. I remember when geeds g1p1 was gray primer. Lol.

Glad its got your attention. This one I am not going all out on. But the next one... Its gonna look straight out of japan. Lol

Friday, December 11, 2009 6:43 PM
For those not on v6z24....

Friday, December 11, 2009 7:10 PM
Holy Crap!!!! A working tach. I need your top! That interior looks pretty dang good even if it's a night pic.

Did you get any information about the car? Did they order it with the GFX/chin spoiler? If so, why doesn't it have the Z grill and headlight rings? The base model setup just doesn't fit the look.
Friday, December 11, 2009 7:13 PM
No I don't know crap about the car's history... Expect that it's seen better days. lol.

I think it may be a converted Z ground effects. And they picked a stupid spoiler for it. It's defiantly not a stock spoiler, as the studs for it are hella long. I'll be taking that off tomorrow, then putting the tags from my scion on it, so I can drive it to the car wash and vacuum it out.

Friday, December 11, 2009 7:59 PM
There is another idea that I've kicked around and I may have it PS'd. Putting a 1st gen Sunbird header panel with flip-ups on it. Shoot, when summer hits and we have these two lined out, we've got to meet and compare.
Friday, December 11, 2009 8:36 PM
no comparing until i get at LEAST new doors, and it running reliably. lol. Maybe with some luck, I'll come across a 3.1 to drop in cheap.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:42 AM
Broke Status wrote:no comparing until i get at LEAST new doors, and it running reliably. lol. Maybe with some luck, I'll come across a 3.1 to drop in cheap.

I hope you didn't take it that I was wanting to see who's was better. Trust me, mine needs a lot of work still....you're just seeing the good side. I just love seeing other's cars and sharing build ideas. I've got some other hood pics waiting to be PS'd, so I'll post them as soon as they're done.

I still want/need your top!!!! Though this isn't a full shot it will give you a idea of how bad the top is.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:50 PM
I'll sell ya the entire car for $400....

Motor knocks randomly, but there is over $400 in good parts on it. Rear sway bar, interior, dashboard, wheels/tires, alt, starter, ignition coils, glass, front spoiler, ect.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:27 PM
Broke Status wrote:I'll sell ya the entire car for $400....

Motor knocks randomly, but there is over $400 in good parts on it. Rear sway bar, interior, dashboard, wheels/tires, alt, starter, ignition coils, glass, front spoiler, ect.

Got some questions for you. You still need a car, right? Do you like Fiero's? I maybe crazy, but I might be willing to trade you my DD '85 Fiero SE V6 auto for it. It recently sprung a coolant leak at the radiator and I think it's coming from the DS plastic end cap. Let me know what you think.
Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:02 PM
Here is mine. It is probably in the worst condition now than it ever has been. It does a lot of sitting around.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:33 PM
shut your whore mouth.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:53 PM
Was that comment directed at me?

Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:00 PM
SKI SM wrote:Was that comment directed at me?

I'd say he was being sarcastic because it's such a mint 1st gen. I don't think it was ment as an insult towards you or your car.
Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:12 PM

Yes it was.... That car is clean as hell. So shut your whore mouth!

(its jealousy/sarcasm)

Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:12 PM
SKI SM,

I get sick every time I see your car. Makes me miss my '87 Z hatch. You need to take it out and enjoy it once in a while, even if it's only on Sundays. Quit punishing it......drive it for petes sakes.
Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:14 PM
Broke Status wrote:

Yes it was.... That car is clean as hell. So shut your whore mouth!

(its jealousy/sarcasm)

Told ya, SKI SM.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search