Post a before, after, or current state pic of your 1st gen. - Page 3 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Post a before, after, or current state pic of your 1st gen.
Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I was thinking about painting it solid black, with "MAYBE" a thin red pinstripe, then black (with polished lip) lace wheels, the trunk lip spoiler, and have a baby GNX...

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:30 PM
closer9 wrote:Thanks for the compliments everyone. I was thinking about painting it solid black, with "MAYBE" a thin red pinstripe, then black (with polished lip) lace wheels, the trunk lip spoiler, and have a baby GNX...

You've got me droolin', closer. I want to do a Z coupe and totally black it out.
Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:34 PM

my 87 z I had in 2005, blew the tranny and couldnt afford to tow it home :-(

and this is my 86 RS, last winter beat the crap out of it, so i took all the good parts out and had it taken to heaven.
This one had 3rd gen seats and I had to replace a 2x1.5 hole in the drivers floor board that rotted out.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:30 PM
Mark Bassett wrote:

Did you ever get it home and/or do you still have it?

Mark Bassett wrote:

and this is my 86 RS, last winter beat the crap out of it, so i took all the good parts out and had it taken to heaven.
This one had 3rd gen seats and I had to replace a 2x1.5 hole in the drivers floor board that rotted out.

I've seen this car before. I had a '86 RS too my senior year of HS. Four banger auto = sloooooooowwwwww. I had a lead foot, so I'm glad I didn't have a V8, I'd probably be dead.
Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:49 PM
Paul,
I hear that about having a lead foot and a v8! I have a 3.0 in my LeBaron and I'm quick to floor it myself. I wish I still had either of those Cavs! I never got to retrieve the 87 though :-( . I plan on one day getting another 1st gen. The LeBaron (lol another J-Body) is holding up for now but I want something else. I've been watching your threads on v6 and on here and I like the direction you're heading. I'm Baylin94 on v6.
Mark

Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:25 PM
MarkyB86 wrote:Paul,
I hear that about having a lead foot and a v8! I have a 3.0 in my LeBaron and I'm quick to floor it myself. I wish I still had either of those Cavs! I never got to retrieve the 87 though :-( . I plan on one day getting another 1st gen. The LeBaron (lol another J-Body) is holding up for now but I want something else. I've been watching your threads on v6 and on here and I like the direction you're heading. I'm Baylin94 on v6.
Mark

A friend of mine took the drivetrain out of his totaled LeBaron vert. It was a '88 turbo and he's thinking of swaping it in his '98 Neon.

Baylin94, huh? See, I knew I saw that car before. I'm hoping to get the full suspension and brakes for the vert this winter and once I get that done I'll move on to the engine. I did a mini-truck several years back and it was more "show than go", so I am going in the oposite dirrection with this car. If/when the economy picks up I'll take out a loan to get the body work, new top, and interior done. 'Till then it will have to remain the way it looks, but it being a vert it will be enjoyed anyway.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 6:29 PM
Putting that LeBaron drivetrain into the neon will be almost like the neon was an SRT-4 dontcha think? That sounds pretty cool actually. A guy on GMSCF.com was asking for my intake parts from my 3.0 for his neon. Not sure what for though but I told him I'll mail them to him once I replace the intake with a cold air intake.

Monday, December 21, 2009 8:52 PM
Mark Bassett wrote:

WOW! That blue beast is like dejavue for me! It looks almost identical to how my '87 originally looked! Only mine had a huge dent in the RH quarter panel and the quarter glass knocked out above it and the RR tire had a hole in the side wall and it had spun a main bearing. My dad paid $500 for it back in '96 from a used car lot. He was originally gonna fix it and sell it but decided to keep it. I got as a graduation gift in 2003 and I have had it ever since.

Monday, December 21, 2009 9:16 PM
I wish I had pics, I had buffed out the paint real nice on it and popped those huge plastic z24's off and put the oem yellow and orange z24 decals in the indent provided in the side skirts (I believe the 86's came that way) I kick myself all the time for not taking pics. that car was awesome (and quick too!)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search