Hello, I'm New to the Site and to Skyhawks - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hello, I'm New to the Site and to Skyhawks
Monday, January 18, 2010 4:44 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcome and nice comments on the car. I am pretty happy with it.

John Mac - I noticed today there is some rust forming along the bottom edge of the driver door - thanks

Motorman – (Your Amazing!) - So, if I understand what you’re saying, ... My Custom was “optioned out” with some number of Sport Options and as a result ended up with “T-Type Emblems”. Is that correct?
Also as you stated earlier Production #s for Skyhawk Customs = 19,814. (Which includes all body types) and Hatchback production #s = 3,757. Is there any way to tell how many were Skyhawk Custom Hatchbacks?

Thanks again to all of you ... I'm feeling a little smarter already

Monday, January 18, 2010 7:03 PM
Bob........

?#1. Yes

?#2. No, because they only count body styles, not each individual possible option grouping.
You would have to obtain the total production runs from Buick, and then sort thru all of them.
A daunting task by anyones standards !

Once all of the options are known, you might be able to form a guess on total. Don't forget, you're talking
the economy car from Buick, not from Chevy. 5 turbo hatches built by Buick, but how many optioned out hi-po Chevys were produced? Chevies mostly sticks, Buicks autos. There were no stick '87 turbo hatch cars built :>(

Alan
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:07 AM
Very nice car, Bob. I wish GM painted some Cavalier's in a two tone.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:03 PM

You know, a little info about that Reatta wouldn't hurt...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:12 PM
closer9 wrote:
You know, a little info about that Reatta wouldn't hurt...

QFT!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:27 AM
I'll find some time and post some Reatta info in here some where in a different post. You all have been great. Closer thanks for posting that picture for me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search