CHances of finding a decent vert. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CHances of finding a decent vert.
Sunday, January 10, 2010 10:27 PM
Hi all-got a question here.- What are my chances of finding a 85-87 vert in decent shape?

I've always been a fan of 1lowCav's Vert, and saw another one yesterday. It's really starting to make me miss my ol' RS (87)

The only thing I'd really like is a clean body-no or little rust. (might be real hard)

Everything else is not a big issue...engines and drivtrain parts tend to be easier to find.

I figure a vert would be a good thing for my son and I (toddler now, but they grow quick) to enjoy together......

Re: CHances of finding a decent vert.
Monday, January 11, 2010 3:58 AM
Rust free in Michigan may be tough, but not impossible
Try searching using Google.

I just put in the search bar "sunbird convertible craigslist"
Just sort through them from there. Some people don't put the year in their adds.
Plus you may find an 86 or 89 that you like............
Monday, January 11, 2010 4:03 AM
Yakaz site always show up too.

cars.yakaz.com/sunbird-convertible-for-sale
Monday, January 11, 2010 7:14 PM
I've got mine for sale, but it has exterior rust issues. Solid pans and strut towers... Just doors are done, fenders are done, and rear 1/4's need cut and replaced.

If you want a drivable one, come down to KY and buy mine. $400. 87 Z vert.... Im sure you've seen the pics on here.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:03 PM
How about an '88 Z24 Vert?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:55 PM
I am in Michigan and my 84 is in great shape (after 2 hoods, 4 doors, 3 trunk lids. and 3 paint jobs. I saw a guy at Woodward this year with a clean 86 Cavi vert.

They are out there, just might take a while to find them...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:12 PM
Dave, don't lose hope. They are out there even here in the midwest. My car is an Illinois car since new and was driven year round for the first 10 years of its life. No rust except the rear wheel well areas which is touched up now.

I still come across these on eBay and Craigslist when I search for them, and they are going for $700-$1200 in drivable (builder) condition. $3000 or so for one with low miles and clean. I hope you find one and get back in the saddle. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:29 PM
Daryl Scott wrote:Dave, don't lose hope. They are out there even here in the midwest. My car is an Illinois car since new and was driven year round for the first 10 years of its life. No rust except the rear wheel well areas which is touched up now.

I still come across these on eBay and Craigslist when I search for them, and they are going for $700-$1200 in drivable (builder) condition. $3000 or so for one with low miles and clean. I hope you find one and get back in the saddle. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Thanks!

I'd even settle for a good 2 door if I can't find anything else.....

Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:11 AM
go to the classifieds--there's an 87 sunbird vert for sale now.
Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:54 PM
Wayne Schiff wrote:go to the classifieds--there's an 87 sunbird vert for sale now.

Thanks! I take a peek!

Monday, January 25, 2010 1:09 PM
Not exactly what your looking for but the body seems nice 1983 Cavalier Convertible

Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:00 PM
Here ya go. Found one on CL. Seems to be a little high, but also looks to be in great shape.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1531727571.html
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search