1 day of Fun... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1 day of Fun...
Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:55 AM
My 84 was a blast to drive yesterday. Then I smelled oil burning right before I was going to put it away. I put it up on ramps and checked the oil sending unit - dry as a bone. There was a large amount of oil dripping from the pump area upstream of the sending unit in the filter area.

Am I being told that I need to just buy a new pump already?

Re: 1 day of Fun...
Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:14 PM
you know my fuel pump tried to tell me several times before it finally just gave up... on the side of the road... halfway home... in close to 100 deg weather...
Sunday, May 02, 2010 4:56 PM
If your sending unit was dry, was there any oil in the pan?
Sunday, May 02, 2010 5:15 PM
I had a chance to lokk at this weekend. It is leaking from the corner of the pan when hot. Looks like I had some pan bolts work loose. Of course, right after an oil change grrr.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 2:33 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote: Looks like I had some pan bolts work loose. Of course, right after an oil change grrr.

Murphy's Law?

I have a massive power steering leak still. It's gotten worse, so until I can find the culprit I can't drive it. I think that the pump itself is shot now. Sounds like someone threw some sand in it. I may not fix it right now anyway......I found someone that does new tops pretty darn reasonable, so I just may save up to do everything I want to do....that is unless I come into a bunch of money at one time.
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:41 PM
Paul-

I have a small ps leak on the pressure hose. It does not look like that part is available any more... That is a littler further down my list. I have to chase one leak at a time. Thats all I can handle with everthing else going on right now. I have rear shocks, bushings, sway bar, and a bov all in line for the Sunbird. My Camaro just sits and sits...

Your ps pump should be a pretty easy fix (I am sure the pump is still available). Its just the hoses on all sides that may be an issue

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:29 PM
I know it may not be cheep, but there is a place here that makes high pressure lines for my place of employment. I wonder if they can make the hoses for our cars. If it is one of my hoses I'll take it to them and see.

I hear ya on the other issues that pop up. Each one's gotta "take a number" and get in line. I have some cash put back right now and with O/T at working going strong I'll be able to put back even more. The wife may be out of a job come the next school year as they're letting go of three teachers and one teachers aid. If she still has the job come next year, then all of the cash that I've put back will go towards the vert and maybe something else in the near future. Shhhhhhh.......it's a secret.

You've got your Camaro and I've got my Fiero GT. I still haven't been able to do anything to it either. Got the 3.8SC and trans sitting there staring at me every day. They only take time........and money.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search