Well, I sold the Skyhawk today... - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well, I sold the Skyhawk today...
Friday, April 16, 2010 1:47 PM
I was really sad to see it go, but I think the new owner will take care of it. She seemed to be very happy with her purchase.
and I was really happy that it didn't go to a kid.

I washed it up real good, fixed an oil leak, bought some new floor mats, and a friend drove it to work and parked it out by a busy highway.

The new owner brought me 15 $100 bills, and I gave her the keys around lunch time today. I'll be picking up the Buick's replacement this weekend. '94 Ram 1500 regular cab, long bed, SLT Laramie, 318/5-spd, 4WD... fully loaded, plus a 4" (I think) lift with 35x12.5's... Got a few dents and dings, but will be perfect for what I need.

I still have everything (I think) to add power windows and locks to first gen J-body. Still not sure what was up with the regulators. I never spent much time with them, but they didn't look the same as the manual regulators that were in the Buick. Guess, I'll be listing that and a driver's outside mirror in the classifieds...

It's been a lot of fun. Maybe someday I'll pick up another J-body. If I do it will probably be a Z24 coupe or convertible.

Re: Well, I sold the Skyhawk today...
Friday, April 16, 2010 5:48 PM
Well, Happy and sad I guess.

$1500 is tough to argue with in this economy.

Sad to see it go though...

Friday, April 16, 2010 7:31 PM
nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:49 AM
Ouch!! I can hear the song from Pinks right now. Hope they take better care of it than the new owners of the Z I bought back.
Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:12 AM
Well, I really hadn't planned on selling it quite so soon. I really didn't want to let go of it... It was a fun little car. However, the one thing I truly didn't like about it was that it was such a clean and original T-Type. I'm the kinda guy that loves to change things and work on things. I have a somewhat rare old Mopar, that's a modern color, most of the trim is shaved, etc, etc... The purists HATE me. The Z24's don't seem to be quite as rare, so next time I'll try to find a clean 5-spd convertible. I like my daily driver's to be autos, and my toys to be manual trans... I'm in the process of building a new motor for my old Mopar, once that's done I'll be collecting parts for a 4-spd... That's also the reason I decided to go ahead and get the Buick sold right now. A friend of mine was wanting some parts for his Super Bee, and offered his truck in trade. It was exactly what I've been looking for in a toy/work truck, and a great deal I couldn't pass on.

I already miss the Skyhawk, but I really think the new owner will take care of it. I would guess she was in her mid 40's, and said she had learned to drive on a 5-spd Monza and my Buick really reminded her of driving it. I learned to drive on an 85 Cavalier Type-10 5-spd, so I could relate to her on this.

If anyone is interested in the power windows and locks let me know. I'll try to get it listed in the classifieds, but if any of you are like me, I rarely, if ever, venture outside the first gen forum...

Well, I'll check in from time to time, but otherwise I guess this is goodbye for now... it's been fun!

Sunday, May 02, 2010 4:59 PM
That truck will feel like a big rig to you now!!
I know where there is an 84 sunbird vert for you when you are ready.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search