Local u pull it (83 skyhawk)! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Local u pull it (83 skyhawk)!
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:45 PM
Went today and low and behold a gold 83 (it least door tag says so) and front end caved in and pushed up like it hit a utility pole.And now it is a sedan,gold paint was like brand new!!!!!!!!! original at that.It appears a senior citizen owned and was a oldschool vet wayyyy old. Car has 71,000 on it and when I opened the door I kid you not the interior LOOKS BRAND NEW.No wear on carpet seats front had sheepskin covers and I just salivitated how the seats looked like it just came out the showroom.Everything is intact inside ALL of it.it is a automatic looks like it has 2.0 liter but the 1.8 looks the same to a degree.It still had the plasic cover over the factory air cleaner(I grabbed the air cleaner.Yeah it is TBI.Front end it pushed upto the exhaust man literally.I also got the coolant bottle in good shape.I could ramble on more.If you guys want something the interior in brown cloth.Dash looked brand new orig radio, etc.I wish I had my camera to take some pics.

Re: Local u pull it (83 skyhawk)!
Friday, March 11, 2011 4:42 PM
Great Find!

Friday, March 11, 2011 6:52 PM
Man, I could use some new brown cloth seats for my Vert. Are they the same cloth material as the 84 Pontiac?
I'm headed to bring mine out to TN in a few months and the butt impression is getting old ifyaknowwhatimean..
Probablly be easier to sell her and get an low milage vert for 5K tho..
Great find, feels good even though its sad to see it wasted...
Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:05 PM
I can tell the difference from a 2.0 and 1.8 car..the 1.8 will say OHC on the valve cover
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:56 PM
Iowa I am not sure on the difference between pontiac and buick on cloth types.To explain the look they have the same overall configuration as my cavs interior but,it has like the little ridges in the center and backs side of the buckets I think were smooth.I am going to try and go back monday depending on my schedule.If I do I will snap picture of the interior.Now if you want me to get them afterwards I will have to see about that afterwards.I will ask on cost bfore when I take pics.But my guess they should be a direct bolt in for fit.Ok

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search