Mint 86 Cavalier Convertible at Car Show today - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mint 86 Cavalier Convertible at Car Show today
Sunday, May 02, 2010 5:19 PM
Hey out there-

I saw a white 86 Cavalier convertible at a show today. It had 88K miles and no winters. There was no rust, and the only thing I saw wrong with it was the back seat was a little sun-rotted on the top. He was asking $2650. No pics, sorry. I told the guy about the site, he should be posting it here soon.

Re: Mint 86 Cavalier Convertible at Car Show today
Sunday, May 02, 2010 10:40 PM
Nice info regardless! I have seen several 89 cavs the last three days out on my trucking runs? I mean like they just came of the woodwork.One of the best laughs was the ice blue one with silver stripes front to rear in the center I was like that's not factory and the overspray on the trunk lid did not help.Have not seen my local favorite at my ymca lately it is a 85 cav,auto,convertible,with the chrome wheel covers and literally mint.I left a note on it prolly last yr stating if they ever wanted to sell and left my info and why my interest being it is yellow just like mine.Just had to ramble on with stories.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:43 AM
Ron-

Nice to have a response

Gets kinda lonely out here some times...

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 2:28 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:

Nice to have a response

Gets kinda lonely out here some times...

I often thought the same.

Would love to see pics of this car.
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:42 PM
There are a couple in my area. When I see the guys at shows, I always ask them to join the org.

Should be seeing them at the Gratiot cruise soon.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:05 PM
ok, so I got a few facts wrong. My daughter ended up taking a picture of it...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:57 PM
Hmmmm, I am taking possession of an 86 exactly like that one in the pic. Convertible, white, 2.8 v-6, 4 speed. Never seen snow. Has been in the family since 1987. Finally my turn!!

I will post some pics when I get it...Hopefully in the next three weeks, and trust me, you will hear a lot from me as I spice it up

Happy trails...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:11 PM
And if you look closely at his for sale sign, its an '85. Crap, I think mine may be too

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:14 PM
Thats what happens when the words and the pics don't come at the same time -t really felt like an 86 in my mind...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:20 PM
I wish I had one

Makes me miss my second gen sedan..

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:56 PM
Finally, some postings here in 1st gen, just when I thought it was drying up...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:37 PM
Wayne-

My oil pump should arrive soon. I will take you guys on that journey with me

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:40 PM
If I could find a really clean Z coupe or convertible (1st gen OF COURSE), I'd be happy to get on here and talk more, but all I ever see around here is junk...
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:01 AM
Trying to find a new project with a first gen car is tough.

Althought, a first year Dodge Omni GLH showed up on craigs list that piqued my interest... There are so many 80s cars that I would like, just not enough garage space

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:48 PM
Man, I'd love to get my hands on that car.....

Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:28 AM
Dave-

look up barn find omni and you will see it on Craigs list Detroit. The guy is asking $5000.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:27 PM
$5000? Wow, I would be running high 13's for that much coin!!

Joel

Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:40 PM
man...there is a big Dodge Dealer near me who has always gotten his share of limited production cars. At one time around '87 he had two all black Charger GLHS (the 3 door hatch w/ the Shelby water jacketed Turbo II setup) and two all black Omni GLH (4 doors) sitting in the lot. And would you know it- those GLHSs sat for many months, just like Superbirds and Daytonas did back in the day ijn '69-'70.

They were generally viewed as high strung and even less reliable versions of cars not known for being reliable, the end run of cars in production since '76 and long obsolete. The guys that craved them did not have the coin for them new.
Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:52 PM
Paul94Z28 wrote:Dave-

look up barn find omni and you will see it on Craigs list Detroit. The guy is asking $5000.

Not the omni- the J vert!

Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:06 PM
Dave- sorry for the mis-read. Either would work for me

John- I remember reading about but not seeing many GLHS cars. I always liked the Shelby Chargers, but the turbo ones were viewed as not reliable, just like the Daytona Turbo Zs of the day. Actually, I would lump my 84 Sunbird in with them. It always needed something. But when it ran, it ran like a scalded dog - That is why I still have it

I am not a huge Dodge fan, but many of the cars from the 80s are on my list - sounds like I need to start a new thread...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search