Turning '85 cavalier convertible into a '87 Z24 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turning '85 cavalier convertible into a '87 Z24
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:12 PM
I am soon to pick up the 1985 Cavalier Convertible that my brother bought in 1986. It has been in the family since then, and has never seen snow, and is very nice. It is, however, very boring looking. He did add some aftermarket rims, but nothing that will stop traffic. Its only saving grace is it has a 2.8 v-6 and 4 speed manual, and is surprisingly quick.

I, myself, had a 1987 Z-24 coupe that I bought in 1989 with 16,000 miles on it. It was red, sporty, and fun. I drove that car until 1994, sold it with 135,000 miles on it.

So now, I have convinced myself I am going to take the Cavi vert and turn it into an '87 Z-24. The big obstacle is the color, it is white and my Z was red. Other than that, I know I can hunt down the rest of the parts, with the hood being my biggest concern. And I will need grey or black interior, as the blue interior will look like butt on a red car.

So if anyone out there has Z-parts CHEAP and want to help me out, I will promise to post pics of the project as I go. I am fresh off a divorce after 18 yrs of marriage, so my funds are very limited. Lets call this project medication for my soul.

Any parts available for sale or you want to unload to a worthy cause, let me know.

Thanks, and here's to a (hopefully) long relationship on J-body

Joel

"Waiting for global warming to bring eternal summer"

Re: Turning '85 cavalier convertible into a '87 Z24
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:27 PM
I know of a junkyard that has an 86 hatchback z24 most of the front and is in decent shape its also red. I could give u the number to the place if ur interested. I have an 87 z24 like u used to have thats how i came across the car looking for parts for mine. Just let me know.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:54 PM
I've been looking for 1st Gen Z-24 doors. I found a set last year, but couldn't get them off the car before someone else came along and boogered them up beyond recognition
Monday, March 28, 2011 5:42 PM
Well, since winter wont let up around here, I have to wait two more weeks until she comes out of storage. And then I can update the profile pic, which is about 23 years old!! It has nicer looking rims now

Monday, March 28, 2011 8:04 PM
Hey Dale, how is the front bumper cover on that '86 Z24? If you can't recall, I'll take their #. I am in the market for an undamaged piece.
Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:13 AM
I think it was decent but not definet on that. The number is (570) 345-8778 its a junkyard and a scrapyard klingers is the name of it
Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:55 PM
Dale, if you go, let me know if the doors are still on the car and what type of shape they're in.
Saturday, April 02, 2011 8:09 PM
Ok will do don't know when I will get their next. But I an always looking for z parts for my car so I will come across something.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search