1987 sunbird GT convertible - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1987 sunbird GT convertible
Monday, April 04, 2011 6:10 PM
Hey again, still excited about finding my little dream car. Finally figured out that this sunbird is not a turbo car, even though it is a GT edition. Strange though because nada only lists a turbo model vert in GT trim?? Anyway, I am now thinking about how much$ to put into this little bird?? I am wondering how much a near mint amateur restoration 87 GT non turbo sunbird convertible would be worth if I ever decided to sell it??? I assume not nearly as much as much $$ as it would take to make it so nice?? NADA suggests that top value would be around $3000. I suppose this would be somewhat accurate to the right person?? Or would it be difficult to get even that?? Does anyone have any idea how to price this type of car realistically if it is put in to excellent , near mint condition?? Thanks, Rob.

Re: 1987 sunbird GT convertible
Monday, April 04, 2011 11:51 PM
To the regular person its a $2000 car. To someone who writes a post with as much enthusiasm as you wrote about it....its priceless.

So somewhere in between the two.

JZ

Re: 1987 sunbird GT convertible
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:47 PM
Robert-

Please don't enter into a restoration with any thoughts of making a profit or recouping your investment. Restorations are made on an emotional basis.

I have a lot into my 84. Actually, on paper, my 84 Sunbird and 94 Camaro Z28 are about equal in the wallet draw department. Original purchase prices were $4100 for the Sunbird in 1990, and $18,000 for the Camaro in 1996. You can get a good idea how much my restoration cost. I still need to put a top on it...

I love them both and keep very detailed records, just try not to look at the summary at the bottom of the excel spreadsheet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search