Picking up the convertible on Sunday. (finally!!) - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picking up the convertible on Sunday. (finally!!)
Friday, April 15, 2011 12:58 PM
I have been waiting for this day for about 23 years. After making its way through the family, it finally is my turn to own the little white vert. Too bad its in the 40's Sunday, but it will give me a chance to get her in the garage and give her a thorough once over.

Summer can not come soon enough!!

Pics to follow (the pic in my signature is from 1992)

Joel

Re: Picking up the convertible on Sunday. (finally!!)
Friday, April 15, 2011 8:02 PM
Well thats cool.I have owned my cav 13 yrs however my sister got it in 1990 and kept till 98 when I bought it from her.So technically it has been in our family for 21yrs.I am sure u can update things like I am doing restoring all the little things.I have new axles for the front and yet to do!Been busy getting my former daily fixed(myself) and now own a new 2011 civic so more time to fix my old cav,and trk.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:14 AM
Good to see another ragtop on here. Enjoy the ride and post up some more pics when you get the chance. I take it your car has been in the family?

Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:31 PM
Yes, car has been in the family (brother, then parents, then sister) since 1986.

Drove it home tonight, idles very rough, probably a sensor, and in need of a tune up. The motor mounts are shot, as well as the struts. It has 86,000 miles, so some of these things just need to be done as routine maint.

Have to say, though, she is STRAIT and not a lick of rust on her. Besides a small tear in the driver seat, she is quite young at heart.

Pics tomorrow

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:17 AM
At least it's in better condition that the hand me down car I got. My uncles beat the @!#$ out of my monte carlo before I got it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:39 PM
Post some pictures....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search