Early 83 Cav Vert by ASC - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Early 83 Cav Vert by ASC
Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:01 AM

Re: Early 83 Cav Vert by ASC
Monday, April 18, 2011 4:13 PM
Nice old 'vert. Those 83 ragtops are very rare birds, but its not the "only one left". She's loaded with power windows, locks, and cruise, etc.

I'm suprised it didn't sell the first time around.

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:31 PM
Looks pretty solid and stupid low miles.Not bad however hope it finds a home that will take good care of it.Hate seeing cars like ours get bought by idiots who have no idea what they really have and totally f@$k it up.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:43 PM
I just cant get past the front end. Reminds me of a Plymouth Horizon tc-3 front end.

Its in nice shape though.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:24 PM
Looks like a Skyhawk with one headlight…which brings me to wasn’t the regs at the time two headlights?

I know the DeLorean has a few weird things in its design because of anticipated government regulations, including the dual headlights, so how did the cavy have one when (I think) all other cars of the era had two? The DeLorean also had a higher ride height than originally designed because of a regulation that never came to be.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:30 AM
The early Cav's only had 1 headlight on each side. The Chevette as well if I'm not mistaken.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:52 AM
There wasn't and still isn't any regulation on the number of headlights a car must have. Quad lights became popular for a while in the late 1950's and many automakers added them to their cars & trucks to add the impression of a more 'upscale' car. (More is better type of thinking). But as long as its got hi & low beams...its golden.

Early Cavs, had the single lights and the sloped nosepiece that resembled the Chevy Monza that they were designed to replace.

http://www.adclassix.com/images/77chevroletmonzaspyder.jpg

More upscale FWD models like the Celebrity got the quad lights from the beginning. They do look like a Plymouth Horizon TC3 and seem out of place...but they were such a unique look for a short period of time. I dig it.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:56 AM
Id rock it

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:21 PM
There was definitely some type of regs on headlight size in the 80s up until the 1988 model year when those regs went away. I read an article at the time about the design of the Cutlass/Grand Prix with those tiny little squares and it mentioned the relaxing of the regs on headlights.

I don’t know the specifics of the regs, but they were there, and I saw something about it on the DeLorean design about 10 years ago when I was thinking about getting one of those cars.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search