Hands, oops I mean Cars Across America? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hands, oops I mean Cars Across America?
Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:16 PM
Let's face it, finding stuff in the boneyards is tough, and shipping is a killer for larger items, but could we form a chain?

For example, I live in the Allentown area of PA, I have use of an S-10 to haul something. Just for fun, I find a hood and Iowa Pub wants it. Are there enough of us with a truck to use that I could say do a one-tank trip, which would maybe get me to Pittsburgh with the hood where another one of us fine posters could take it another tank away (most vehicles seem to have a 300-350 mile range) to someone else and eventually get it close enough to Iowa Pub?

Anyone?

Just throwing it out there, gas is expensive now, tolls are high for me to go to Pittsburgh, but maybe it's a good idea anyway?

Re: Hands, oops I mean Cars Across America?
Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:06 PM
I got an suv I can haul with but I can also ship bigger items from my work
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:48 PM
I live up in northern MA, but work on the road throughout New England and can move parts that will fit in the back of a saturn.

John

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:40 PM
The logistics of making this work would be quite an undertaking. Interesting idea, though.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:04 PM
It's a good idea, but it seams that the parts are never near where they are wanted.
Wayne, you would want to head South, not West to find me now, as I am in Tennessee
I will be headed to Iowa soon and do have that red interior I need to get rid of...

I always check http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

whe I want to haul or need something hauled..
Friday, April 22, 2011 9:31 PM
neat site, i'll have to check it out further...

i have a red interior...only thing i need is the flap over the money holder.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search