help needed from owner of 1st gen w/factory intercooler - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help needed from owner of 1st gen w/factory intercooler
Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:46 AM
I've got a 1986 sunbird turbo convertible with a bad turbo. Since I'm having to replace it, I'm going to replace it with one of the later model turbos with water cooling. Can someone with one of these later model cars tell me where the factory tied in the water lines?? I know one of the lines goes to the thermostat housing, but where did the other one hook into. Pictures would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Re: help needed from owner of 1st gen w/factory intercooler
Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:08 PM
Chad-

I have several of these in yards so no pictures but... I know it ties in on the driver side of the engine. It might be a T into the heater hose.

Re: help needed from owner of 1st gen w/factory intercooler
Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:50 PM
Paul,
Thanks for the info. That's helpful. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we talked last summer right after I bought the car. I drove the car across the country not knowing it had a bad turbo until I picked it up. I bought a new turbo last summer but have been out of the U.S. since then so I haven't had the chance to install it. I return in about a month and replacing that turbo is one of the 1st things I'll do, so I'm trying to get prepared. This is helpful, and if all else fails, I can T it into that heater hose as you said. I would like to make it look as factory as possible, so if anyone does have photos, that would be helpful.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search