Looking For a 1987 Buick Skyhawk Factory Service Manual. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking For a 1987 Buick Skyhawk Factory Service Manual.
Thursday, January 06, 2011 7:29 PM
I’m looking for a 1987 Skyhawk Factory Service Manual. I have looked on E-Bay but no one seems to sell 1987 manuals – They all seem to be 1982 or 1989.

Which one would cover my 1987 Skyhawk. Any insight would be helpful. I know to some this may seem like a really silly question. Thanks

Re: Looking For a 1987 Buick Skyhawk Factory Service Manual.
Friday, January 07, 2011 1:23 PM
look further down the thread list, you'll see one there from Tom
Monday, April 25, 2011 5:15 PM
I have the complete set of factory manuals... emissions-electrics-engine/drivetrain and body books... plus the parts manuals for all of the previous groups. About 10-12 books total.

What info are you looking for, should I get some time, after I catch up with getting home, i'll give it a look-see.

Alan
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:04 PM
You can always order a reproduction one from Helm, Incorporated. They printed the original ones for GM, and they're pricey...but they have it.

Here's the LINK:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Make=BUI&Model=SKYH&Year=1987&Category=1&class%5F2=BUI&mk=Buick&yr=1987&md=Skyhawk&dt=Shop%2FService+Information&module=&from=result&Style=helm &Sku=87BUICKSM&itemtype=K

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:58 PM
That doesn't seem pricey to me, other than compared to a Chilton's or something like that.

I seem to remember when my dad bought the ones I have, they were about $100 for the pair, and this is $133--much better than the inflation rate on gas!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:17 PM
That's only a partial printing of the manuals available. Mine cover every model Buick ever made up to about the Gen 2's. They cover every possible aspect of repair-testing-troubleshooting-diagrams, for all body, electrical, emissions and parts. That's where the OP had gotten some of his originally posted info on Skyhawk build sheet info. Check past postings, it's all there.

HI Wayne! Was a nice winter indeed.... loved the news about all of the snow :>

Alan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search