Oil Pump - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Pump
Friday, March 11, 2011 4:43 PM
I just bought a Melling M120 oil pump for my 1.8 for $63 off ebay. Best deal I have seen.

Re: Oil Pump
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:58 PM
Well I would say great buy being you have been looking then.I have no idea what they normally sell for from advance,the zone or napa.Kinda like when I finally got new center caps best price plus no one had them(no longer made).

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:16 PM
Ron - most I see are around $110 if you can find them.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:43 PM
Paul, Did you still need the oil sending unit?
I did get it pulled. It was only a couple bucks so if not, no big deal.
Friday, March 18, 2011 5:39 PM
Yes Sir. Give me the total and shipping to MI 48035.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:18 PM
ok, pulled it apart today - finally.

Its REALLY funny comparing the Haynes book to the GM shop manual. The Haynes book omits quite a few key things and makes it seem so simple. It looks like I had a leak at the crank seal, but the oil pump to block seal seems tight. Since I am in there I am gonna do a H2O pump as it will be a real PITA to put it back together and then have to do it. The H2O pump has marks from the weep holes indicating there was some action there...

Will let you all know how it goes and if this fixes the leak.

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:04 PM
Paul. shame I was on vacation all winter. If I knew you were hunting for a pump I have 2 new ones and 2 used for mockup only purposes. They have the gaskets glued to them.

Alan
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:28 PM
welcome back man with the tan!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:56 PM
Alan-

This just keeps getting better and better, looks like oil pump, h2o pump and poss head gasket now as I seem to have a milkshake somehow.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:21 PM
If you're going in that deep, toss in a timing belt for it. Sometimes makes you wish we were butterfly collectors instead of cars !

Alan
Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:17 PM
That does not sound favorible on the milky free way shake.I thought that all our js had timing chains?I know mine does.What ever good luck,change ur oil first and filter and see if it mixes again.Could be the waterpump leaked into the crank being the weep was bleeding.I already did my wp yrs ago and a cake walk,external four bolts to drop out.Good luck paul.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:39 PM
Well, got er drained and the wp off. Almost might as well do the HG now as it is pretty far apart.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search