Time for Clutch and Motor! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Time for Clutch and Motor!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:27 PM
It's time for a clutch and motor on my 84 Cav. Vert. I just picked up a real good running and strong 84 Cav. sedan with 53k miles and I'm going to put the motor into my 84 Cav Vert with 167K tired miles on it. Is it easier to pull the motor and tranny as one piece or just pull the motor and do the clutch in the car.

Re: Time for Clutch and Motor!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:41 PM
Tired miles are you kidding? Mines got 205,000 and leaks no oil,burns no oil,will burn the front tires off.Oh I forgot I have redone alot of stuff on it.Just messing with you!!!!!!!!!! That is a great deal low miles like that.I would flush ALL the fluids and at least do plugs,wires,cap/rotor, maybe even clean up the tbi with a rebuild due to age a new O2sensor,and NEW hoses upper and lower for radiator and new thermostat and rad cap and engine temp sender.Being your saving money dump it in on some new sensors and replacement items to help the low mileage engine go the distance.That is kick azz tho

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:25 AM
Wow I heard that chevy sold cavs with passenger side mirror delete but never seen one. I'd keep the sedan as a daily and rebuild the convertibles motor.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:10 PM
It' a real basic sedan. I think the only option was AM radio. Paid $300 for it and the motor runs really good, also has a real good interior. The body looks better in the pic, it was a one owner New England car all it's life so it saw a lot of snow. Hey Ron the convertible has 167K and has never been able to burn the front tires even when I bought it with 10k on it. My 1998 Saturn has 364K and will still smoke the front tires if it doesn't hop off the road first. (trying to get 400K out of it)

Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:10 PM
Grandma Fresh!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search