Stepped Away - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stepped Away
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:26 AM
Hey All-

I stepped away for a bit to focus on my Camaro. It is back together and hopefully ready to race again soon. I needed that one first for Camaro Superfest on the 2nd of July.

At any rate, my Sunbird is apart with the oil and water pumps off. Hopefully will get back to that soon. I have a GM Tech Center show at the end of July that I have to have it ready for.

Re: Stepped Away
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:25 PM
I know what you mean.I have yet to touch my cavalier.I have been too busy trying to fix my riding mower,worked on the mother n laws,and actually doing something with it tonight.I am not even digging into the cav until I fix my hg on my mazda trk which was retired march 28 when I bought my new 11 civic as my daily.The mazda will get some extra work new paint on block new gaskets,etc.Cavalier is last in the line bc in sit inside the garage.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:07 PM
ok, actually got into it this weekend - here are some pics. I replace the water pump and oil pump, trying to get my leak resolved. The oil seal on the crank is a fun one to replace, it likes to bow out on you and then the retaining spring pops out... Hopefully together within 2 weeks...

old and new side by side

installed

Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:08 PM
Now timing belt, oil, coolant, and put er back together...

Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:03 PM
That looks to be loads of fun.I figure I won't touch my cav till I do my hg on my old daily first.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search