Time to junk my 84 Sunbird Convertible - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Time to junk my 84 Sunbird Convertible
Friday, June 17, 2011 2:37 PM
I thought I would try to replace the rotted out floorboards in my 84 convertible. The rockers are toast too, so it just isnt worth it.
I'll post up some pictures later this weekend.
So, if anyone needs a donor car let me know. I'll probablly pull the doors and the wheels and take her to the local Pull a Part.
The sad thing is, I'll have to see it in there for 4-5 weeks.

Re: Time to junk my 84 Sunbird Convertible
Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:02 PM

Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:06 PM
Here are some more pictures.. What would you do with this car?
I have an extra floor cut out, but it would still need to be partched in. The rockers are also bad.

Redoing the floor is no big deal, except the fuel and brake lines run along where the floor needs to be cut.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:14 PM
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:11 PM
I'd say save it and look for another one and use it for your own donor car.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:47 PM
Exactly save your ride for parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Then strip it clean for everything that can be unbolted,cut out, period.I mean ALL the glass,fenders,hood,trunk lid, seals the whole dash, etc.When all is done it should be a shell only.Stuff like that can not be bought new like a front clip,moulding and so forth.Seriously find a another likes yours and use the parts to your advantage,it is not costing you anything to sit and buy a water proof cover for it!!!! http://www.carcoveroutlet.com is one source I will be buying one from for my 87 mazda pu asap.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:39 PM
I would love to get my hands on the upper door and rear window seals if they are in good shape...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search