PS Reservoir Hose Needed - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PS Reservoir Hose Needed
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:00 PM
Anyone know where to source a molded PS reservoir hose for my 84 2000 Sunbird Turbo? Heater hose will work but it collapses, and those coil things look pretty stupid.

Ron?

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: PS Reservoir Hose Needed
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:19 PM
Let me do my homework on that one.I have been working my a-- off at the u pull it today for 2 doors,some side glass(plus ALL the hardware even the the slotted brackets that hold it in at the pillar toward the doors).Anyway let me see what I can do,heck I am GOING back to another yard thurs and will scope it for a used one,if need be.I will post back.The junk yard 1st gen guy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:52 PM
Ron-

Thanks! Are you still working on that Z24 you got the sweet parts off of? Keep going man - get it all... Is Sunny going to turn into a Z?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:21 PM
ok, well I found it... It does not reference to an 84 Pontiac 2000 Sunbird LE, but it does show for an 82-88 Buick Skyhawk T-Type with a 1.8 Turbo. Close enough for me

$15.xx shipped

Edelmann 80163 Power Steering Reservoir Line

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:52 PM
I found the lines NO problem on advance auto using ur specs 84 sunbird,1.8 ohc turbo.The sell both the hardline part 71213 for 13.99 OR the return hose to resevoir part# 71351 for 17.99. I guess u can check online with them to see it.But they are available.Glad u located said item.As for the Z kit stuff keeping as extra parts being they are no longer made.Keeping sunny stock for age and original factor.I have picked that 86 Z clean of most of the items I wanted.I may go back and dig into it some more who knows.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:05 PM
Ron - Yes advance had the pressure line and the return line - I checked there first . I needed the third line from reservoir to pump...

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:56 PM
Reservoir hose is on, the fluid is toast. If I try and flush it I am sure the return line will crumble in my hand. Looks like I will use Rons part reference for the return line after all

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:14 PM
Good fun never seems to stop does it! I know your aggrevation fix one item then gets umm bigger.Glad I posted the parts before hand just for reference.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search