2012 J bod meet, found a coolant resevoir for the 86 Z, misc crap - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2012 J bod meet, found a coolant resevoir for the 86 Z, misc crap
Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:30 PM
Found a coolant resevoir bottle for my '86 Z24. As Ron found out trying to help, turns out there are several molds for the bottles for 1st gen J bodies. The guy in Rhode Island w/ a parts car '86 V6 vert came thru again. Thanks Ron for your much appreciated help in scouring yards in 100 degree heat!!!!

Just put my icon on the banner page map for a proposed 2012 J body meet. Seems the northeast quarter of the US has the most at this point. w/ the cluster center in western Ohio. Git 'yerself on there boys, mebbe we can meet up next year.

I removed, cleaned and painted the rear fashia license plate center section. The almost gloss black looks so much better than the faded and hazed bare black plastic.

Hey, all my idiot lights work good. Know how I know? Four weeks ago, low coolant (busted coolant bottle), volts (bad alternator killed itself and the brand new battery 2 weeks ago), now I got low oil pressure when hot and at idle. Yes, oil is topped off. Damn. I know it is hot this summer but it was last summer too. Something is amiss and different. Perhaps the 25 year old oil pump?

Wish I had a quarter of the talent guys here and on Moon's board have... Read thru a thread by the guy who dropped in a 3.4 in his 1st gen Cav RS wagon. It's humbling to read that stuff.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"

Re: 2012 J bod meet, found a coolant resevoir for the 86 Z, misc crap
Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:44 PM
Sure is, I'd love to drop a 3.4 with a 5 sp stick into my brown 84 Cav convertible and leave the blue one stock. But I guess it would be a lot cheaper just to get a nice 2nd gen z24 convertible and just do some engine mods. I also did the plastic rear section of my blue cav when rustoleum came out with the plastic paint. Mine was faded so bad the white plastic was starting to show thru.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:58 PM
Well glad it got resolved! I did not mind going junking bc I got alot of other cool items in the process.Just scooted in here bfore bed and saw the post.Kinda tired after trucking all day.One more day then monday OFF.Glad I have it like that.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 9:45 AM
John Mac wrote:Just put my icon on the banner page map for a proposed 2012 J body meet. Seems the northeast quarter of the US has the most at this point. w/ the cluster center in western Ohio. Git 'yerself on there boys, mebbe we can meet up next year.

Do tell about this one.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:49 PM
Do tell about this one.

It's on the home page, this site.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:04 AM
Interesting. I never go on the home page here.....

I might look into going to it, wherever it ends up being.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search