Check Engine Light Code 43 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Check Engine Light Code 43
Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:58 PM
I started getting an intermittent code 43 on my bird recently. Do the pigtails on the knock sensor go bad over time? Mine looks pretty bad, I may shop for a new one. As an interim step I cleaned it and wrapped it with a second layer of convoluted tubing since it seems to be heat related.

Anyone dealt with this?

And... It looks like I will be doing the power steering hoses and pump as something is definately leaking there...

Fun with cars continues...

Re: Check Engine Light Code 43
Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:46 PM
Idk the knock sensor might just be gooky inside.I do believe mine does not have that to the best of my knowledge.When I did my eng resto paint work NO sensors like that anywhere I could see.I would probably just replace it myself.Tired after trucking all day and not on my game but,know what you are describing.And yeah know what said part looks like via books.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:06 PM
after a closer inspection it looks like the power steering fluid got on the knock sensor when I swapped out the reservoir hose. What should I use to clean it?

I may end up swapping out the pigtail anyhow as it looks really tired.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:28 PM
You can safely use a product made by CRC QD electronic cleaner sold umm most auto stores and even walmart! Safe on electrical sensors and wiring and dries clean like brake cleaner and does not harm the plastic.My recommend.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:19 PM
I ended up putting an AC Delco pigtail on it for $14 - Advance saves the day again Ron...

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:39 PM
Cool deal you got it happy again.Advance seems to carry AS I always say have the old ball items we NEED.I have a hemmings motor new august additon looking for some good solid gm parts places that may carry stuff for us.No leads yet but,did check some 2night.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search