Just found this on AutoTraders - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just found this on AutoTraders
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:38 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=304678525&dealer_id=86399&car_year=1987 1987 sky hawk look to be a turbo. Mileage 64,756, Price $2,475

Re: AutoTraders Sport hatch T Type
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:23 PM
hey, t type sport hatch..nnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeeeeee. Could be a turbo, as the T type was a stand alone option. I can't read the badging on the hood dome- can any of you? That would seal the deal.

Appears to be in outstanding shape going just by photos.

I can't save a the pics to blow them up to see if that is a turbo boost gauge on the left most dial, but the speedo appears to possibly be the 125 MPH running change during the '87 run (was an 85 mph speedo in early '87). Could it be one of the ultra rare 2.0 turbo T type hatches????!?!?!

Marlboro NJ- only about an hour from me. If it is still there in 2 weeks I'll check it out. I'm away all next week.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Re: AutoTraders Skyhawk Sport hatch
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:31 PM
actually, looking closer, I see no T type badging...what do you guys think? The interior colors look T type, Shelby wheels, T type style steering wheel but no T type center cap, no steenkin' badges interior or exterior.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:46 AM
I call, It is not a T type, I think he would come down on the price. Also Auto Trader has an 87 sun bird it a convertible and super clean. That Sky hawk would put my 86 back on the street, but just to nice to ripe a part.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:43 AM
Late last night I recalled the Buick hatch trim levels- you can be a Sport Hatch, or a T-type, but not both, as those are trim levels.

I called today- turbo but not a T type, he said it sold yesterday (Tuesday).

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:54 PM
Another great find. Loaded and mint. Amazing. I think I've seen that one somewhere B4- those wheels look familiar.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:15 PM
The Skyhawk is a turbo. I was going to go look at it today but they sold it earlier in the week.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search