Let's see some new pics, fellas. - Page 4 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Let's see some new pics, fellas.
Friday, December 02, 2011 9:14 AM
some nice first gen here

Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:32 PM
How about some eng pics.I will snap a body pic a NEW one maybe this wk.

Sunday, December 04, 2011 6:37 AM
Sunny is looking really good there Ron!! Isn't it nice to still be able to open a hood and see "The Engine" , and not some cheap plastic shroud covering everything. On my OHC engined I even removed the covers so I can keep an eye on the belt condition. None of that anymore these days. You've given ole Sunny a lot of TLC and it really shows!! :-)

Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:14 PM
CLEAN Ron! VERY NICE!

You could eat right off that engine

Sunday, December 04, 2011 7:53 PM
Well back when I did the engine paint resto job,which was actually removing the intake to do a gasket made me jump in and strip and sand,etc.Stupid clean with new hoses clamps etc.At least I took my time,had in my garage,several coats primer (eng stuff) then low gloss for a factory look.I think I achieved that.

Monday, December 05, 2011 3:32 PM
It's pretty rough looking, but hey I can't beat $400 for it. I call it the orange peel mobile.

Monday, December 05, 2011 4:18 PM
That's alright Garth, that turbo will leave plenty behind ya, and it's easy at the gas pump too!! Cars like yours are cool because you get to enjoy fixin' it up, and there are so many possibilities at this stage :-) What year is OPM?

Monday, December 05, 2011 5:54 PM
It's an 84. It's appears to be a lowly optioned car fortunate enough to be boosted.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:59 AM
Garth-

As we spoke, your car is interesting to me...

It has the Turbo Package, WS6 suspension (including 19mm rear stabilzer bar), turbine wheels, and block heater that came with the package. The exterior molding and foglight deletes are interesting to me. Its funny, I get so used to seeing the 84 convertible style tail lights, I forgot that other 84s have the ones like yours.

I have some articles on options for these cars somewhere that I can post if you guys would like.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:07 PM
Paul - I think any articles on 1st gen j-bodies would be helpfull to someone. I have a Sports Car magazine that has a large article (road test) on the '87 GT convertible but the writer was not very nice to it at all. I sure wish there was a solution to putting pictures on here that stay. I see I'm not the only one to post pictures that disappear. I've tried a couple hosting sites with the same results.
Saturday, December 24, 2011 5:44 AM
Kevin George wrote:Paul - I think any articles on 1st gen j-bodies would be helpfull to someone. I have a Sports Car magazine that has a large article (road test) on the '87 GT convertible but the writer was not very nice to it at all. I sure wish there was a solution to putting pictures on here that stay. I see I'm not the only one to post pictures that disappear. I've tried a couple hosting sites with the same results.

I currently use Flickr, Linking to the pics from there is kind of weird but easy once you figure it out.

Friday, December 21, 2012 10:20 AM
Friday, December 21, 2012 10:41 AM
some other pics after.

this guy in the red car was so happy to see my car. then he blew me away lol

painted rims in the dark. did'nt match in the morning

marry x-mas under the J train.

very thing looks good at night.

Friday, December 21, 2012 12:26 PM
Carl- your blue Cav is so optimistic looking. So refreshing to see in our time where everything is a shade of gray or silver. Lokking good!
Ron- Suuny's engine has been inspected and given an "A" grade by the board of health.
Garth- I got a text from Lord Darth Vadar- he's pissed and wants his J car back.

Hey, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Festivus and a happy New Year to the J car mob!

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Friday, December 21, 2012 12:42 PM
Garth.. Ill trade you straight up! lol
Friday, December 21, 2012 1:02 PM
Nice to see a sedan get some press time on here! :-) We don't get many of those here on J-Body.
The body is immaculate , looks like someone took very good care of your car over the years. That interior is exactly the same I had in my long top when I first got it. It looks loke new too!!
Reminds me of the days when you'd see 1st gens everywhere you'd go. It's hard to believe that at one time these vehicles were the best selling cars in the country!!

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:00 PM

These are the newest photos of mine. This was back in 2002. It has been mine since high school. The clear is peeling off and the paint is coming off the rear bumper from an old lady backing into me.

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:59 PM
Wish I had a two door like that. I just sold my 83 Monte Carlo 383 stroker fast as hell. and when people was telling me there's a guy that died and never took the car out of the garage I had to see it. at first I thought it was a joke, so small. slow. but an 86 with not even a dent or mark anywhere I had to save it. 600 obo . In the trunk every thing times two to tune it up weather stripping the works. It was a pain in the butt to register a dead guys car but I did it and saved the tittle and where he got it from the dealer,

c,mon let me see more first gen pics, fan of wagons too.
Friday, December 21, 2012 9:00 PM
OK here you go, Most 1st gen guys have seen these before. Cars that I have owned or still do.

Parts Car: Still have it!

87 Sedan Company car: Back in 88 got totaled! Also had and 83 Hatch and an 86 sedan but I have no pictures of those company cars. (Plus two Pontiac Phoenix's and one Citation.. Remember them)

Wifes 84 Cav: Purchased back in 86 and still have it, is all original with 2 total repaints!

84 Cav Vert: Got this for parts back in 2010, but decided to save it and restore, modify it! Destination unknown at this point.

V6 2.8 Cimarron: Bought it for a project back in Feb of 2012, but sold it in Sept. of 2012.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:28 PM
Josh--

what did you do to get the z-24 out of those sidepods?
Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:30 PM
Wayne, if I remember correctly, they were glued and bolted on. My dad is a wiz when it comes to fiberglass. He filled in the old pockets with fiberglass resin. I still have the old emblems in his garage attic.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:23 PM
Nice Cars!

I will take some new ones in the spring when I get her back on the road.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:32 AM
Here are pics of my '85 when it was new.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:37 AM
Pics of my 84 that I own now.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:48 PM
Great shots in the last few days guys! All marqes represented in the last few days except Buick! Very nice.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search