Cimmaron Parts - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cimmaron Parts
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:23 PM
Cimmaron showed up at Parts Galore. Leather interior, pretty rusty, mostly there.

Anyone need anything?

Re: Cimmaron Parts
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:48 PM
What color interior?
This should have the console with the arm rest.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:13 PM
Tan leather. The arm rest is there, but in pretty bad shape.

Monday, January 09, 2012 5:44 PM
Paul, I'd be interested in the benzel and matching trim at the headlight switch, and heater control area .
Got a pict to give you an idea. Also while you are in the neighborhood,like the instrument cluster if it has the speedo w/tripometer.
Seems the old one I installed in my Pontiac is not up to the usage, the tripometer hundreds digit keeps tripping over every 10 miles. It is an older design that you have to push in and turn - which rotates all the digits till you get all zeros. The newer one has a simple push button to zero all the digits.

Here is the dash stuff .....

Here is a shot of the older speedo I'm Not wanting...

...and the one I'm hoping is on the Caddy, that I Do want...

I hoping these picts help and not just confuse you more. I'm not in any hurry now, won't have the funds till the 19th anyways.
So if you happen to be going out that way , and feel like pulling them, I'd like to get them for the Pontiac.
Thanks!! :-)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:37 AM
Orlen-

Good Descriptions. I will be heading back there this weekend and will give you an update after then.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:55 AM
SCORE for ORLEN.

I will post pics when I get back, but I got the IP (fully loaded with all gauges), the ip bezel, and all 3 pieces of the lower bezel (headlight, under wheel, and heater sections). All in great shape. There is a center console with arm rest and cubbies in this car. I will have to get that later as I ran out of time today. I am also going to get the glovebox liner as it is different than any that I have seen. The car interior is GREY - not sure why I thought tan, maybe because the leater is ripped so bad that is what you see.

It is an 85 model that looks like it was on the road until recently.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:34 PM
Thank You Paul!! 3 CHEERS!!

Got a PM off to you with mailing info. Really excited!! I'll really enjoy putting this in the Pontiac. I've been so very lucky to get some GREAT goodies for my J's !! It isn't as easy to tinker like this on the newer stuff - got so much electronics , airbags and stuff.

Thanks again !!

Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:46 PM
Here you go Orlen...

Do you want me to go back and get the console?

Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:23 PM
YEA!!!! My Pontiac is already getting excited!! I am really surprised all that plastic is is such great shape, as old as it is I was just hoping for it to just not be cracked or broken. Thank you Paul!! :-)

Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:57 PM
Hey wait a minute I find all the cool stuff!Umm until that cluster is freaking spot on and looks pretty d!!!n nice too.Great find paul maybe I am rubbing off on you with finding stuff and that face or cover plate does look stupid nice condition.Good deal is all I can say.Win it is

Monday, January 16, 2012 7:24 AM
Ron-

Not sure how a 1985 Cadillac made it this long in Michigan, but I could not pass it up - that is for sure. This even had the fitted Cadillac floor mats - they were shot, but still there.

I may go back next weekend for the console. I don't need it it, but I am sure someone will at some point.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:31 PM
Orlen-

The parts are on the way!

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:46 PM
Thanks Paul!! I'll keep an eye out :-)

Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:31 PM
Got the entire console and glove box liner today

Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:34 PM
Bet ya darn near froze you @$$ off out there today!! :-O

Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:09 PM
Paul if you get the chance would like to see a picture of the glove box liner dont think I have ever seen one line in a j body.
ThanYou
Keith

[IMG]
Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:40 PM
Yep, it was cold. And that console was STUBBORN. I hope I did not damage it too much. I will post pics after I get things cleaned up.

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:21 PM
Here is the prize I was after. I will have to get it recovered to match my interior, but I have all the parts I want...

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:17 PM
Now that is a part I had yet to see.I wondered what it was like.At least it can be recovered and have that new fresh smell of vinyl.Guess maybe one day I will see one here idk.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:25 AM
Ron-

I test fit it in the car - PERFECT. Now I have to see what the local trim place wants to recover it in dark grey... That will be the expensive part.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:27 PM
Got my Console cleaned up today and also got my new carpet this week for the tan Cav convertible. I also have a spare tan leather armrest if anyone needs one from an 86 Cimarron.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:35 PM
Finding myself browsing gauges on all J's these days. That is a very unusual gauge pack on your 'vert , John.
It has everything except the tach, rather surprised GM would go that far to make such a cluster and associated parts , when they could have just used a complete set. First one I've seen like yours so far - might be pretty rare, there!! :-)

Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:29 PM
Yeah,

When you guys started talking about tachs I had to think, does my brown one have the gauges and no tach? I had to look at this picture to remember what it looked like.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:06 PM
Whao john your floor pans need a touch of rust removal.I am guessing you will clean it up and make it better.And hope to start doodling with the doors some this wk on packing them I hope.Last wk just tied up doing other stuff and may try junkyarding this wk on thur when I should have some extra time.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:18 PM
Ron,

Thanks again for the doors!
I repaired (stripped, welded, primed and painted) the floor pans last spring. That's an old picture as the car is in storage until mid March as long as we have a snow free winter up here in MA.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search